Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Caribou Hunt
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone used Ram Aviation for an unguided Caribou Hunt in Alaska?

jras

Posts: 1 | Location: Orange Virginia  | Registered: 14 January 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 of us did they are just an air taxi drop off and pick up service. I wouldn't rent the camping equipment thru them but opt for one of the many rental services locally.
Our pilot flew us in dropped us off and was gone in 10 minutes an would not make a short loop of the area so we could orient ourselves or see some 'bou. I personally feel the later in the season you go the closer to town the caribou are...but that is just my opine after 3 trips.
High Adventure Air, Natron Air and Talon all operate out of Soldotna area and service/prices are better IMHO

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2th doc:
3 of us did they are just an air taxi drop off and pick up service. I wouldn't rent the camping equipment thru them but opt for one of the many rental services locally.
Our pilot flew us in dropped us off and was gone in 10 minutes an would not make a short loop of the area so we could orient ourselves or see some 'bou. I personally feel the later in the season you go the closer to town the caribou are...but that is just my opine after 3 trips.
High Adventure Air, Natron Air and Talon all operate out of Soldotna area and service/prices are better IMHO

There are very strict rules regarding what an air transporter can do; not sure if that prohibits what you requested.

Thread should probably be moved to the Alaska forum though.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote