Find
Notify
Tools

We Will Rebuild
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
Been tying down boats and boarding up the lodges since Sunday. Wife, Kids, dogs, mother in law and myself are all hunkered down on high ground. All of the texts and emails from my fellow AR members is greatly appreciated.

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Cajun Navy has arrived here in Eastern NC. Lots of area churches have opened shelters and Linemen from all over the USA are here. Unreal the number of Americans that traveled here to help out their fellow countrymen. I even saw some Canadian utility power trucks at some of the hotels today. No Kapernick’s in this crowd!

Captain Clark Purvis

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear that. One of the line crews from my company headed your way yesterday AM.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hope it's not as bad as it's been predicted.
Best of luck to all you folks in that mess.

Damned good reason I live out here in CO.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Prayer up for you and your family.

Posts: 5709 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
You're in the thick of it now sounds like so hold on.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stay safe and good luck

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I work for one of largest utility companies in the U.S. and we have multiple trucks and linemen already in North Carolina waiting to help. Stay safe.

Posts: 129 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 15 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hoping to hear you've stayed "high and dry"! Prayers sent.

D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
My LT from the fire department is out there helping out. Prayers to all affected!

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck and be safe. Let's hope it will not be as bad as predicted. Jerry

Posts: 372 | Location: Round Rock,TX | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
God Bless the linemen! Crews from SW Missouri on the way too.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Best of luck and Godspeed in the cleanup! We went through the same about a year ago with Harvey here in Texas. Lots of great people in this country that rarely get the praise and recognition they deserve! We still have a group of Mennonites from across the U.S. in the area helping the poor who had no insurance get their homes back in order. Amazing...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7542 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all hope you didn’t suffer extensive damage. Good luck to you and all Tar Heels

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
There are some linemen from this area that are over there. Hope the damage is not as bad as was being predicted.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Been thinking about you Clark, and a few of my acquaintances who live in the Carolinas. Hope you’re all doing OK through this mess. It’s great to read about and see on the news, all the help you all are getting on the backside of this hurricane. As the Luke Bryan song goes “I believe most people are good.” They’re showing it right now.

Posts: 3877 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Capt. Pirvis: May this find you and your loved ones safe and well.

Posts: 11388 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I hope you storm proofing provided all of the protection you hoped for and you are home and back on the water working as soon as possible.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bud Meadows
posted Hide Post
Hope all is well for you and your family, Clark.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests

Posts: 1385 | Location: Lake Bluff, IL | Registered: 02 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Wilmington is in bad shape. Some looting but National Guard is flying in more troops.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
I checked with a friend in Rockport and asked about his family in North Carolina - He said we are all in Miami! He has been through 3 previous hurricanes and knows when to get out of town.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
We wish everyone on The East Coast all the Best!!!

Posts: 2330 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Heading to Harkers Island this am and will know more. Loaded up with fuel, equipment and supplies to help out.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp...ent-request/23243737

Captain Clark Purvis

Administrator
posted Hide Post
We are praying for all of you.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Harkers Island got hit hard by Flowerence. East end of the island lost 60 percent of the homes. Our house there is a total gut out. Blew 100 mph for 6 hours. Shingles and tar paper blew of roof and water came in like Vic Falls. I boarded windows but wind blew so hard that plywood buckled and broke the sashes on some of the Pella double hung windows. We have to rip out sheet rock on all three floors and hardwoods on second floor. Storm surge came in from core sound and flooded my tackle room. Good thing I moved all of my peen reels to second floor. It is interesting how storm surge works. I pay US Park Service to keep a surburbon at Cape Lookout National Seashore. Me and one other guy were the only ones not to ferry our trucks off the island. I parked righ next to the light house because I figured that the old timers chose the highest ground to build back in the 1800’. Everyone that moved their trucks to the lot off the island lost their vehicles and campers. I am sitting high and dry according to the park ranger. Still no power on the island and they said it will be back on at the end of the month. School does not start back until second week of Oct.

This is minor compared to some of my friends. Entire homes washed away. Amazing the number of helicopters flying around

I have already rented another house on the island to use as a lodge while we are doing construction.

Two lodges in Hyde County are fine. We are already back feeding bears. No damage at the farm in Hobgood. Bertie lodge also had no damage.

Lots of blinds to rebuild but we will be ready to rock and roll come hunting season.

I know that most people are generally good but it is amazing some of the crooks in the construction business that travel to disaster areas for work. I had a demolition guy from San Antiano get mad at me yesterday for not letting him start working. I made up my mind that I was not going to use him when he threw I cigarette on my patio in front of me. Still waiting to meet with Insurance Adjuster. Should be well covered.

We are really lucky. My brother had to evacuate 500, people not including staff, from his nursing homes throughout Eastern NC to Greensboro and Charlotte. He had no major medical issues with any of his occupants and many of these people require assisted living.
Some meth heads tried to break into one of the drug stores but they were met by private security contractors similar to Blackwater.

Guides have Jon boats and have been helping
With the Cajun Navy.

We are lucky we live in America. Imagine dealing with a disaster like this in a third world country. Trump was here on Wednesday. If my account was not locked I would post pictures.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it will be a long recovery. God Bless.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the up date.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Hope everything goes smoothly in the rebuild, Skip. Sorry to hear of your troubles and glad to hear sounds like you and yours are healthy.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cap I was to leave for a hunt on Wed. but will reschedule.....what do you need and where I am 8 hours from Hobgood . I can load the trailer with sheetrock and 5gal buckets of spackle compound & tape. Just call you have my cell#. In Christ Rev. T.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
You guys hang in there
World is not a friendly place at times

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Terry

Thanks for the kind offer. We have good insurance and have already hired a General Contractor. Starting demolition today and roof later this week.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can`t imagine what you folks are going through.Sorry to hear of the damage done to your property and the folks around you.May God grant your area a quick recovery.OB

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are safe.

Posts: 11388 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Have you seen the videos of the animal rights people on highway 40 mourning the death of all of the hogs and chickens that died from the flooding! People are busy filling sand bags to save schools, homes and churches and these people are cursing farmers for killing livestock.

If they care for animals so much they should volunteer with the Cajun navy to help them with all the pet rescues.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt the PETA folks want any part of the Cajun Navy , they are amazing.

CO School of Trades 1976, Gunsmithing

Posts: 126 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 18 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
Yes that are. I am sure that are standing by to help Florida and Southern GA.

Captain Clark Purvis

One of Us
Picture of Frostbit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt. Purvis:
Yes that are. I am sure that are standing by to help Florida and Southern GA.

Clark,

Just saw this thread. Sorry to hear about the damage. Glad you and your family are safe.

Jim & Joyce

2015 His & Her Leopards with Derek Littleton of Luwire Safaris - http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/2971090112
2015 Trophy Bull Elephant with CMS http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/1651069012
DIY Brooks Range Sheep Hunt 2013 - http://forums.accuratereloadin...901038191#9901038191
Zambia June/July 2012 with Andrew Baldry - Royal Kafue http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7971064771
Zambia Sept 2010- Muchinga Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4211096141
Namibia Sept 2010 - ARUB Safaris http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6781076141

Posts: 7611 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best of luck.

Nature can be heartless in her fury.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote