New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who wants to hunt in northern MN?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Thinking about leasing out our hunting shack in northern MN. We only hunt the first week. Some options:

- You can hunt the second week of deer season
- Superb area if you want to do a black bear bait hunt in September
- Could use it during the archery season
- Muzzleloader deer in December
- If you like to fish for walleyes and sturgeon, our shack is 3 miles from a launch on the Rainy River (and the Canadian border). The spring walleye run is probably the best walleye fishing in MN; sturgeon fishing is superb as well.

Our shack is really a cabin; no running water, but has a separate sauna to clean up as often as you want. A generator supplies electricity. Sleeps as many as eight. No mice issues at all. Can access it with a passenger car. The road dead ends into public land but the only other hunters in the area hunt a private 160 acre area. Plenty of fixed stands or you could use our portables or bring your own. If you don't own a four wheeler, we can include one as well.

We could do a deal for any of these periods or do an annual deal.

Any interest?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How's the grouse hunting?

Greg

Posts: 427 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As good as anywhere - some recent clear cuts should help as well. If you want it for a specific period during bird season, you can have it to yourself.

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Do you have Snowshoe Hare? How many acres are we talking about. I Grouse hunt and my buddy Showshoe hunts. We can cover alot of ground.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1371 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youngoutdoors:
Do you have Snowshoe Hare? How many acres are we talking about. I Grouse hunt and my buddy Showshoe hunts. We can cover alot of ground.

Thanks and God Bless, Louis

I used to live in northern MN, but I don't now; I just hunt there the first week of deer season. I did stay there Easter weekend; we used this a base to ice fish both Rainy Lake and Lake of the Woods (LOW is only 30 min away). Our plan was to fish the Rainy, but it was too cold and too much ice.

That said, there were a ton of snowshoe tracks and droppings when I hunted deer there. Grouse is always cyclical.

Our land is 80 acres private with state land all around. This year I shot a nice 10 pointer on state land south of the shack. There is a private 160 1/2 mile down the road, but the guy that hunts there never hunts the state land. We never see any other hunters on the state land, but there is some private holding 1/2 mile to the west. However, they stay on their side.