THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looks like PETA is running out of things to do...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looks like PETA is running out of things to do...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of RSY
posted

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To many idiots running around with nothing to do.

Posts: 48 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 22 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
Definition of Vegetarian. Old Indian word for really bad hunter.

Posts: 2588 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They performed a similar act of idiocy here in New York a couple of years ago--asked the town of Fishkill to change its name, which they seemed to think encouraged violence toward their finny friends. Apparently never knew nor cared that "kill" was Dutch for "river".

Posts: 178 | Location: New York | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually, I encourage this sort of campaign.
For one, it's fairly harmless, but more importantly it highlights how retarded this line of thinking becomes the further into it you go.

Posts: 2000 | Location: Beaverton OR | Registered: 19 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Very, very good point, Bwana-be. That was my first reaction: "Do they really expect to be taken seriously?"

I'm afraid they do, and, luckily, that will likely be there demise.

It borders on high comedy.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An interesting bit of info. on a related matter is the animal rights connection to the negative campaign against the Atkins diet. It seems that the people behind some of the most damaging research against the Atkins diet were the animal rights wackos. Of course the Atkins diet advocates good amounts of red meat therefore the diet is a target of the animal extremists.

Posts: 12905 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of holzauge
posted Hide Post
PETA has decorated the Washinton D. C. subway with signs showing a white lab rat and a human baby. Caption "Even is animal testing would result in a cure for AIDS we would be against it." I simple couldn't make this stuff up. What planet are these clowns from? They condem themselves far more effecively than I ever could.

Posts: 621 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: 06 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Quote:

PETA has decorated the Washinton D. C. subway with signs showing a white lab rat and a human baby. Caption "Even if animal testing would result in a cure for AIDS we would be against it."

You have GOT to be friggin' kiddin'! Oh, well; another self-driven nail in their own coffin can't be a bad thing, I guess.

RSY

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
One of the problems with PETA is they pay no attention to facts. They have there mind set and can't be changed. They also have little respect. Just the other day some relatives of mine were walking through San Fransisco, one wearing her faux leopard rain coat (very fake looking), and they are passed by a group of no good bunny huggers who exclaim "I sure hope you ate that animal". The couple then proceeds to talk in an unusually loud voice about how only cruel, fat people ride the esculator, what a way to talk to a disabled war vetran. One day I'd like to invite a die-hard PETA member over and have a nice dinner with them, complete with the freshest of sushi (still wiggling fresh) and meat right off the deer.

Sevens

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stryker225
posted Hide Post
I want to sling shot balls of beef jerky at them.

Or hump their ears.

Posts: 1282 | Location: here | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you laugh too hard at PeTA, consider this: PeTA is the must successful of the AR groups, and they have a budget of over $15 million per year - that's a lot of discretionary scratch.

If you're interested, here's what I think about their PR: http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/02/peta_publicity_.html and http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/01/petas_evil_geni_1.html

But this is what really frightens me: http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/01/humane_indoctri.html

And did you know of PeTA's overt connections to terrorists? Or that PeTA is tax exempt? http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/02/petas_terrorist.html

And then there's what other AR people are accomplishing in Canada: http://brianoconnor.typepad.com/animal_crackers/2004/02/future_watch.html

Don't underestimate these people ...

Clawmute

Posts: 40 | Location: Miami, Florida | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This is your brain on no meat, keep it up and you'll breed yourselfs out of exisistance, which is fine with me. Just more good stuff for the rest of us.

Posts: 17 | Location: N.Calif | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote