THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Connecticut Wildlife Officials consider first bear hunt since 1840

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Connecticut Wildlife Officials consider first bear hunt since 1840
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.courant.com/busines...0106,0,7767728.story

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9365 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very exciting news. Plenty of bear sightings in my area. Only problem is finding land to hunt them on!

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, CT legislature nixed the idea for this year. They claim the population needs to be further studied before hunting is allowed. They're estimating the CT black bear population to be between 500 and 1000 currently, with the population doubling every 5-7 years.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/c...or-bear-hunt-lottery

Posts: 1426 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FFemt5287:
Very exciting news. Plenty of bear sightings in my area. Only problem is finding land to hunt them on!

That was the problem when we lived there, very little public land. My political leanings are mostly Libertarian, but not everything has to be private property. I've gotten to like hunting BLM land.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote