Find
Notify
Tools

Marathon/Hunt of a Lifetime
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Everyone,
I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm posting it here. Any help from the admin would be great.

As a few of you know, I am running in the Marine Corps Marathon on Oct. 29th. The Marine Corps Marathon is a charity event raising money for several worthy causes including St. Judes, AIDS research etc. However, I am going to be running this years marathon for another charity that is lesser known but does a lot of work for children who have been diagnosed with life threatening illnesses.

Hunt Of A Lifetime http://www.huntofalifetime.org is an organization that grants children with life threatening illnesses the chance to go on a hunt of their dreams. I learned of this organization through my friend Denny Vasquez and all hunts, gear, trips, food, lodging etc on all of their hunts are donated. Denny himself donates a lot of his weekends traveling to various ranches to guide hunts, locate places to hunt, find sponsors etc.

All administration/board members etc all donate their time so there is minimal "administrative cost" that some charities have.

This is similar to, but not connected with, the make a wish foundation that grants extremely ill children the opportunity to have a wish granted.

As a hunter that has been very fortunate in my own hunting experiences I can tell you that this organization does good work for a lot of people that would not normally have the opportunity to take their child on a hunt or fishing trip. Although I know several of you are non-hunters, I can tell you that I know first hand the joy and exhiliration children often find when experiencing the outdoors.

I will be running on October 29th. Anyone wishing to make a donation is welcome to send it to:

Ryan Campbell/Hunt of a Lifetime

P.O. Box 9572 College Station, TX. 77842

Please send in your donation before Oct. 20th. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely,
Ryan Campbell

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I gave a kid a ticket to go on a bear hunt thru this organization. Nice group.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Best of luck with your marathon. There is no way to describe the joy that a program such as this brings to a critically ill child. Keep up the good work.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote