Find
Notify
Tools

Update on the wing.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Lora and I are getting ready to leave the house headed to Fort Worth and JPS to get the wing checked out and ready for another surgery. At the Dr.s office in Wichita Falls a few weeks back it was discovered that both my radial and ulnar nerves are compressed/pinched.

That is what is keeping me from being able to open my hand fully or straighten my arm out completely. It is still hard for me to try and hold a rifle off hand, but I have managed to get it better than what it was. I did discover however that fly fishing, having to take in line with the left hand, is really pretty good therapy and has improved the range of motion in that arm.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Eisch, good luck getting it fixed!

I am just at day 5 from a major left ankle resection. I was awake for the whole thing, got to hear them chiseling off the massive bone spurs. Some had grown around the large bundle of tenons that come down over the top of the leg and ankle that spread out into one's toes. I couldn't wear boot and most shoes because they pressed on this. Very painful. They also took out a broken extra bone behind my Achilles tendon that lived above my heel bone.

Essentially, I could not bend (what little bend I had left) my ankle without excrutiating pain. I'll be out of my cast after two weeks and hopeful for better and painless range of motion....

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is wishing the best to you two. I'm sure this type of impairment sure rankles you. I had double hernia surgery last june. It was a much longer recovery than I would have expected. Take it slow and don't try to bounce back too fast. Not to be preaching, but what is the old saying, never enough time to do it right the first time, but always time enough to do it over. Be sure and take plenty of time and let your limbs recover from surgery and heal properly.

Best

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ain't this getting old GRAND? Wishing a speedy recovery to you both. I am 10 weeks out after Rotator cuff surgery and it is getting better but I have to be careful and not get impatient.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I am too young for this getting old chit. knife

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was awake for the whole thing

Tougher than me
Gotta knock me out to take my temp.
My wife is one of "those" that likes to watch.
Good luck and heal up quick,
hunting season is just around the corner

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Gittin time fir "aids!" Walkin aids, Hearin aids.
Ann, is it not "ice fishing syndrome," frozen heel? Get well soon all of you. Big Grin

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah, but Doug, it is spring here, ice fishing ended long ago.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Saw the Dr. and I still have a ways to go. Going to start doing some therapy on my own. The stiff elbow is bothersome, but as long as I can get to where I can hold on to the forearm of a rifle and shoot offhand, I will be Thankful. beer beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best wishes on your recovery to you both.. I spent 3 hours in a tube today (MRI ) for both shoulders. Two different type of scans on both of them, then a scan on each with each arm behind my head.. looks like im doing the rotators and bone impingment plus spur removal again. Docs did them both in 2000 at the same time, total of 6 months of recovery time/pt for that round. Not sure if I want to know the time line for this round.
coues

Posts: 336 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote