THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    All you N. American Hunter, what is your "hunting song?"

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All you N. American Hunter, what is your "hunting song?"
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted
Stupid question, for sure, but I am curious if any of you have a go to "hunting" song - a song that just needs to be played or sang while traveling to hunting camp, while in hunting camp, or while you are hunting.

Just curious.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
My hunting song is "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers.

I just have to listen to that at least once while traveling to hunting camp.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opening of small game, it used to be "Kill the Wabbit."

"I'm a wabbit slayer,
and a guitar player,
with a nasty habit,
KILL THE WABBIT!"

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hiking back to the truck from elk or mule deer hunting, I just chant "There's beer in the truck----!" over and over. Gives just enough energy to make it back. Smiler

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Blackie Bashing, Mallard Mashing, Woodie Whacking That's My Passion, as performed by the Travelling Duck Slayers. Smiler

KG

P.S. Not to worry gang, I'm about to finish my last drink and pass out shortly...

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Haven't heard it in a long time but there used to be a little song played on the Glenwood Springs radio station around hunting season called "the thirty point buck". Always kind of made my day when we were heading over to hunting camp and you could hear that song.
Not related in the least but sometimes when I'm hiking back to camp in the dark "Cherokee fiddle" by Jonny Lee pops into my head and I can't figure out why.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the Hall of the Mountain King

Posts: 183 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 22 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fred Bear from ol Ted Nugent

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Ride of the Valkyrie. Big Grin

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
OK, OK. My hunting buddy and I always listen to "The Second Week of Deer Camp" by theYoopers as we drive to the hunting area the first day.
sofa

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
anything Zepplin.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back Strap Fever by Mr.Wackum and Stackum archer

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden while on my way there and back

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Since I drive fast on steep, windey dirt roads in the mountains I've come to like the 'William Tell Overture' as dramatic accompaniement to my driving skills.

Years ago I had a biologist from Louisiana run traps with me, total flatland guy, never been in the mountains. I played that tape driving up the 'steep' part. Said he'd never been so scared in all his life. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
when i was younger, it used to be nice, old time country songs; hank williams, johnny horton, jimmie rodgers.....when i was in my 20s it was "live and let die" and "don't cry" by guns-n-roses, "run through the jungle" by creedence and "machine gun" by jimi hendrix.

now, thanks to my kids "rediscovering" the music we listened to when i was a teenager, it's songs like "master of puppets" by metallica, "rock of ages" by def leppard and "another one bites the dust by queen."

i still sneak in a little old country, "knoxville girl" and "wreck on the highway" by the louvin brothers, just about anything by johnny cash.....but not nearly as much as i'd like to.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
also (this one is for GVgeorge!) i listen to a lot of KGVA when i am in range! my boys and i used to atch "the birthday" song every driday afternoon when i was running deliveries to harlem/FB!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted Nugents...(FRED BEAR)song.if this don''t roc ya ...your not breathing air!
regards

Posts: 999 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
OK, OK. My hunting buddy and I always listen to "The Second Week of Deer Camp" by theYoopers as we drive to the hunting area the first day.
sofa

Yes, this song is difficult to top.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FRANKIE2000
posted Hide Post
I am going to have to say that it would have to be the theme song for the Sopranos. "Woke up this morning got your self a gun. Mama always said you'd be the chosen one....." just always seemed fitting to me.

Posts: 145 | Location: Mesquite, TX. | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
I prefer some good ol uncle ted, or metallica is good too, just don't crank it up too loud, you won't be able to hear the deer coming!

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Since hunting usually means a long drive for me "head out to the highway" and anything merle haggard

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38612 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ZZ TOP!

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
"It's Raining Men" sofa Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing better than "The Terdy Point Buck". I think it was sung by Bananas at Large.

Posts: 117 | Location: Wisconsin , USA | Registered: 07 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari wrote:
quote:
Woodie Whacking That's My Passion

I think that's a little more than we needed to know... Big Grin

---

As to my music choices, Harris & Ryden (CDs Here to Jackson, Run and H&R Live) along with Chris Ryden (CD=Notebooks) top a short list that also includes a little Cross Canadian Ragweed and a select few from Chris LeDoux, such as Buffalo Grass, Sweet Wyoming Home, etc.

Most of you probably have never heard of Harris & Ryden, but the simple, pure lyrics and incredible imagery are incomparable in that genre of music. It's about the only music that I can honestly say I have never tired of listening to.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrosVentreGeorge:
Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden while on my way there and back

I'm impressed! Haven't heard anyone mention that band in many years. I saw them play twice in Tokyo in the early 80s. Ah, the headbanger years... Smiler

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Once, when a whitetail buck came towards me while bowhunting Eminem's '8 Mile' suddenly popped into my head. I arrowed the buck.

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
"Another one bites the dust" ----- Queen

Posts: 30 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I start with 100 bottles of beer on the wall!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
anything Zepplin.

clap thumb

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
Once, when a whitetail buck came towards me while bowhunting Eminem's '8 Mile' suddenly popped into my head. I arrowed the buck.

Now I am worried about you

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"The Boys Are Back In Town" - Thin Lizzy

Perpetual theme of "Camp"

GE

Posts: 58 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a selection of Waylon Jennings tunes that I play on my way to the Keweenaw. Nothing gets me in the hunting mood better than some classic Ol Waylon.

Posts: 74 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 19 August 2005Reply With Quote