New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold VI ?????
 Login/Join

<hunting1>
posted
Does any one have one of these? I just read an article that sas they are the greatest buy out there and just as tough as the others. The only difference is the click adjustment (no big deal), only in gloss and 1-less coating on the lense. Have a new rifle that needs a scope is why I ask. I can afford the VII, but why if that is the only difference? Thanks. [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Leupold VX-I is essentially the same scope as the old Vari-X II. It is only available in one finish (gloss), one reticle (duples), and three models: 2-7, 3-9, and 4-12 (without A.O.).

There is no doubt that it is among the best values on the market.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am switching to all VX II scopes, mainly because I detest the fact that the VX I has no click adjustments in it.

I have even sent in the VarII in the past and had clicks installed.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It depends on your requirements. If you are a one load, zero it and leave it kind of hunter and don't often need a few extra minutes of visibility at dark, then the VX1 is a great buy. The VXIIs cost roughly 33% more for the same scope. I buy the IIs because I like a heavy duplex for some conditions, but for 99% of my shooting, the Is would be fine. It is your money and your call.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Chigger>
posted
At one time I had severel of the Leupold Vari X 3 scopes and after I found out two of the scopes had a problem with the click adjustments, I then took them back to the dealer (Not Leupold) and exchanged them for 2 of the Vari X 2 models and came out money ahead. I only need click adjustments on my Long Range Target rifles (past 500 yds)
anyway. I sight them in (mark the spot) and leave them there period. [Wink]

[ 12-26-2002, 22:54: Message edited by: Chigger ]