THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    My Mule Deer Season May Be Ruined Already......

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Mule Deer Season May Be Ruined Already......
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Because this one will haunt me until I'm lucky enough to find him again. Problem is, we seldom see the biggest bucks twice.

Season starts next weekend......

[IMG:left]

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a stud. Focus on him all season. You can get him. I think you already picked a spot for him in your den. Let us know what transpires.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
that is a big one! I'm positive he will keep you up nights trying to figure out where he will be opening day.

Posts: 5704 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that's a great mule deer!

One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
What a bruiser. Sit back and glass, glass, and glass some more. You'll find him. Look forward to seeing the pics.

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gosh, he's fabulous!!! What width and cheaters to boot. Good luck we'll be following your pursuit...

Edward Lundberg

Posts: 337 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 13 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I'm usually not into trophy size but I would concentrate on that one.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
good googoly moogoly. i would not be able to sleep until opening morning

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's just beginning....

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Im pretty sure I know what area that big boy comes from..Ive seen some real hogs in that part of Texas, and Southern NM...Sandhill monsters.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
Looks like it's just beginning....

Right on brother!

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW!....that's about all I got.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There should be some exceptional bucks taken this year due to the wet growing season. Numbers appear to be up also, probably a result of two wet years in a row.

Posts: 729 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He didn't get that big by being dumb.
You've got your luck to find.
Hope you do, bet that rack is 30" wide.
I can see it's going to take a bite out of your bank account.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get him if you have the time. My biggest Mulie gave me three chances before I connected, so I know it can be done. Think before you act, and pray that no one else sees him. good luck!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That one is worth waiting for. What a tremendous buck.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Oh my, I hope you do catch up to him so we can see some better closer up pictures. Good luck.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
It look like he is Headed for The Private!!!

Posts: 2329 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
That is a stud, you should hold for him and really hope you get him!

Just a question, does rocky mountain mule deer tend to hang a lot in a a specific area, because our sonoran mule deers may hang around a ranch for a while and then disappear as they move a LOT between ranches.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Manuel, our bucks tend to act like your bucks....here today, gone tomorrow. A few years ago we had a big 32" buck with a drop tine spotted. We actually saw him 3-4 times and couldn't get him killed. This same buck disappeared overnight, and was seen 11 miles N of our place. We never saw him again.

We usually see the biggest bucks one time and that's it.

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really great buck, hope you get the chance to get him.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of adamhunter
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!
I dont know much about Mule deer or hunting them but I would damn sure figure it out if I saw that monster!

Good luck, hope you get him!!

30+ years experience tells me that perfection hit at .264. Others are adequate but anything before or after is wishful thinking.

Posts: 854 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 20 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Georgegeld,
I shot 34.5 incher real close to the same area, and Ive seen pictures of this buck before..He is bigger than mine,and much older.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41941 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Georgegeld,
I shot 34.5 incher real close to the same area, and Ive seen pictures of this buck before..He is bigger than mine,and much older.

Let's see some pics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any update on this stud?

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Haven't seen him since, but I did get a look at this one....