posted Hide Post
All I can say is Damn.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's mindboggling.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
The ranch I hunt on in TX I have seen herds of 75 or so. A semi 308 would be handy there if one just wants to reduce the population. My guess if was a one hog paid hunt other wise we would have heard more then one shot.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW! That's a lot of pork. Must be really destructive to habitat.

I'm not sure if the tape was edited to add the rifle shot sound or not. In my experience, the pigs would have run faster if they had been shot (at). There was one pig dragging a hind leg just at the end of the tape if you watch carefully.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did they indicate where the film was shot? I'm assuming Europe. Either Germany or maybe Romania? Just curious, that's a lot of pork! shocker

Mad Dog

Posts: 1184 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 17 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw that last night in Christine. I almost hit a big black one that ran out in front of my Polaris. Similar reaction to me as in the clip, they just sort of meandered along. i would say there was 80+ of them.
Time for a helicopter hunt!

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just for curiosity I just did a ROUGH count on the tape, about 165 plus and I didn't really work at it, could be more.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about the video. It was emailed to me and I was pretty much watching in disbelief.

There were a LOT of hogs indeed. I would love to have been set up in a ground blind with a bow! Or semi auto rifle or even a revolver!

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like oak trees. Probably a high fenced place.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
Looks like oak trees. Probably a high fenced place.

Oaks can't jump a high fence?

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Claymores

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3061 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
That's way too many!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
claymores?

oh lord.... yankees
Frowner
where is rambo anyway.....

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rent them out to farmers...leave that group in a field overnight, and you won't have to plow!

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lots of hogs in my area down south. they are a nuisance animal, so we can hunt them all year. a few buds and i hunt them several times a year. we usually get in to swampy areas (or the borders of same) and follow the sign and sounds. some days we get 5-10, but i have never seen that as many hogs at one time as in the video the op posted. that many hogs is ruining everything around! i sure hope they are penned and folks are shooting them for cash.

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd like to hear PETA chime in on this one.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PETA would say hogs are some of the smartest animals out they should be let be to run free and enjoy life.

The other PETA says they are tasty and we should eat them.

I prefer eating tasty animals.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have seen that many hogs in groups in Texas many times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36870 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted Hide Post
We have a 400 ac place south of Graham Texas on the Brazos. We started trapping them about 4 years ago and in the first two months we trapped over two hundred. Since then we have hog paneled around all of our deer feeders and the numbers have dropped but they are still there. Hogs are great for testing the ballistic performance of all your weapons. So far I've killed them with 22lr. 223. 270wsm 300wm. 300rum 45 auto. 00buck and 100gr broad heads. A guy I work with has a 470ne that I would love to poke a big. Boar with.

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote