Mini gun needed...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Keep it sporting !!!

30 cal or 375 using solids, line up 2 or more at once and
make sure you can all shoot / reload fast.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that was a bunch o' pigs.
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
L-shaped ambush with daisy-chained Claymores!

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya just need one of them .223 mini guns..that'd work

Posts: 147 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
I never imagined that they gathered in such herds!
Is this common in Europe?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
I never imagined that they gathered in such herds!
Is this common in Europe?

Not sure in Europe except what I have seen in DVD's
BUT the pigs are a herd animal and they collect
in herds here in Aust (Except the old boars).

Good to watch.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!

The setting appears to me to be typical Western European forest. Where I couldn't say but I COULD imagine somewhere in Poland, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, etc.? Just a WAG!

I've never seen a Sounder (Rotte) of Piggies that large. Something LARGE for us would be 25-40. Here in The Fatherland they typically appear in groups much smaller than that; say, 6-15 (1 or 2 family groups).

In forest like that on a Drive Hunt once the shooting starts they can disappear PDQ!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
i haev seen video's like these, usually from france where it is under fence, and the pigs are raised there, sometimes in smaller penns and then let go into the bigger fenced area for the shoot. i have never seen a rotte this big anywhere.

with that said, it is said that germany has problems with their pigs Smiler

i think the sporting solution would be several pegs with 12 bore pairs and loaders and plenty of ammo. Smiler BOOM

best

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is said that germany has problems with their pigs

Yes, and the Pigs are'nt just all in the Forest, too!
Eeker

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
gerry

you have just about an open season down there by now right ?

best

peter

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's a lot of bacon! Big Grin

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

Actually we're cancelling more hunts than we attend at the moment - snow's so deep that it's unsporting to Drive them.

The Dogs catch the smallish Piglets and forget about driving the remainder of the Sounder.

In all reality they are pretty hampered by the snow; not moving much even when you sit for them and it's sad to see them all outa sorts when they are being driven.

We'll wait it out .....

Cheers,

Number 10

One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
gerry

our snow is going away at the moment, and it is a nice balmy 2-4 degrees Smiler

best

peter

One of Us
Picture of TwoZero
posted Hide Post
7.62mm Dillon Aero minigun...

Combine this rig with the NVG kit on those tactical hog hunting posts - and you have a potential real winner for thinning the hog population.

Posts: 270 | Location: Bay Area, CA | Registered: 19 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stick a spotlight on top of it.

Light hits animals, pull the trigger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got an estimate on the number of boar here that they are comfortable with? I lost count around 60. At the end of the video, I was wondering if the last pigs in the line were considering a frontal attack to pin the camera in place so the bulk of the herd could overrun the camera from the flank. Could you imagine the scene if some one shot a pig or two out of that mob? Bang, flop, stampede, drop the camera and get behind a tree.

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in a similar size mob of pigs over here
and you would be surprised.

I was hunting a Big Buffalo - and I was standing still, hoping my mate would drive the Buff to me.

Anyway, a mob of 60 - 80 pigs come trotting along, a fair few very small piglets in it.

As i stood still and didn't move, they gradually moved towards and around me, until a sow caught wind of me and alarm sounded and they bolted.

Not one of them hit me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i'd rather have fine krieghoff 8X57, but hey that's me. Wink

fat chicks inc.

Posts: 475 | Location: Belgien | Registered: 01 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
I was in a similar size mob of pigs over here
and you would be surprised.

I was hunting a Big Buffalo - and I was standing still, hoping my mate would drive the Buff to me.

Anyway, a mob of 60 - 80 pigs come trotting along, a fair few very small piglets in it.

As i stood still and didn't move, they gradually moved towards and around me, until a sow caught wind of me and alarm sounded and they bolted.

Not one of them hit me.

Would love to have been there!

Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maki:
Would love to have been there!
Dean

Believe me, it was the only time I have been in that situation
and if I wasn't hunting Buff I would have shot the living crap
out of them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a good video. Ive never seen that many hogs before. Seems like it would be hard to pick one out that you wanted to shoot.

Posts: 141 | Location: FL to WV | Registered: 06 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Farrier Matt:
That was a good video. Ive never seen that many hogs before. Seems like it would be hard to pick one out that you wanted to shoot.

When the numbers are that high and they are close together,
you try to get 2 at a time. Believe me, it works.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone ask Craftsman about multiples on hogs. That guy used to line them up with his 8x57, I think he got 3 hogs once and another time got 2 deer. He told me he went for neck shots on the hogs, less pork to shoot thru.

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote