Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter's first buck deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted

This is a photo of my daughter, Ariel's, first buck deer. She just turned 15 on the 19th and has been a hunter since she was 10. This was her first hunt when I, or another adult, was not sitting with her. Ariel is an accomplished hunter and has killed 2 whitetail does, a blackbuck, a bear, an impala, a blesbok and a zebra. This was also the first deer she field dressed. It was her hunt, her call on the shot and her tracking job. The deer was hit with both shots she fired, although the second one was not necessary. She used her CZ 527 carbine in 7.62x39 and a Leupold 4x scope shooting factory 123 grain Golden Bear ammo. This little rifle and the ammo continue to amaze me at the accuracy and killing power. To say I am proud would be a major understatement.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to Ms Ariel and Pop Perry too.

Continued good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent job congrats thanks for sharing

Posts: 207 | Location: new york | Registered: 23 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go! She did a great job. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I love it!

Sounds like she's already established one heckuva start too.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
You have every right to be VERY proud

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10096 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Great Job, All the way around, including the parenting!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38610 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all involved with the up-bringing of this child to young adult status!!!
Way to go Ariel!!!
Thanks, Doug

Posts: 478 | Location: Central Indiana | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
You go Miss Ariel!!!

Congrats to both of you on all fronts............

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 3296 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's Great! Congrats to the both of you.

Have a Good Holiday,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Perry:

OUTSTANDING, SIR! Congrats to Ariel!

I can't wait until my munchkin shows an interest in hunting!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
right there is exactly what it's all about! congratulations to her and to you!

ron

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ScopeBite
posted Hide Post
Awesome Job!

I would rather Boar Hunt for my Bacon!

Posts: 136 | Location: Bakersfield California | Registered: 26 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS to the young Lady.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4243 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perry,

That is way cool! Congrats to you and your daughter.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12920 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
ARTEMISA (Diana La Cazadora) shurelly is very proud of you (Father & Daugther) Congratulations!!!

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post
Fellow members,

Thank you for the kind and supportive comments. I know Ariel will enjoy reading the posts this evening.

Perry

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 500nitro
posted Hide Post
Way to go Ariel!
Can I send Colin across for some tips?
stir

Harris Safaris
PO Box 853
Gillitts
RSA 3603

www.southernafricansafaris.co.za
https://www.facebook.com/pages...=aymt_homepage_panel

"There is something about safari life that makes you forget all your sorrows and feel as if you had drunk half a bottle of champagne." - Karen Blixen,

Posts: 1069 | Location: Durban,KZN, South Africa | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the young huntress! And kudos to her Dad for giving her the opportunity to experience hunting and see for herself if it will become a lifelong obsession.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7541 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Perry - Congratulations to your daughter on her buck and to you for bringing her up and into the hunting and shooting sports!
Rob

Posts: 734 | Location: Concord, NH | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Ariel!

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Ariel! That's a beautiful buck.

~Ann

Posts: 19240 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote