Tools

Amazing diversity in ethics
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just-a-hunter:
Judge Todd here.

I want to ask KSTEPHENS a couple of questions.

Would you turn somebody in for speeding?

Would you turn somebody in for running a person over at a cross walk, and then the person runs away?

What do you think an officer of the law would charge you with for withholding information on the aformentioned offences?

What are your moral standings with these questions?

Please share your point of view on a few more questions.

If a full grown man was driving to his stand and happened to see a 180" 12 pointer from his truck, jumped out real quick, rested on his knee and shot it, and the law states you have to be 10 yards off the side of the road; Would you turn in this person?

Would your answer change if it was a 10 year old child?

If a full grown man was poaching, would you turn him in (My defenition as with most people of poaching is a person shoots deer the person didn't have a tag for)?

Would your answer change if it was a 10 year old child?

What is your ethical standings on these two questions?

Todd

2?
UH, ok.
#1 no
#2 yes
#3 nothing
#4 no
#5 yes, 10 year olds shouldnt be driving.
#6 wrong definition (poaching is trespassing to take game.) and no if he is on my property tresspassing I will show hime the door so to speak. the next time ill have him arrested for tresspassing. DNR would have to make the legal charge of poaching. a person can charge someone w/ tresspassing.
#7 no, i'd have them picked up by DSS. an armed 10 year old tresspassing and alone in the woods would have to be taken into custody for thier own safety.

poach·ing
–noun 1. the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.
2. any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like.

[Origin: 1605–15; poach1 + -ing1]

hunting without a licence or party hunting is what you are talking about I think.

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Okay, I got sort of tired of this bsflag, so I contacted the Arkansas Game and Fish Commision.

Here is what they sent me.

Briana Miller
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
Enforcement Division
501-223-6401

03.06 POSSESSION OF IMPROPER LICENSE.
It shall be unlawful to possess any license, permit, tag or stamp issued
by the Commission to any other person.
PENALTY: $100.00 to $1,000.00.

03.07 LENDING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful to lend any
license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission to any other
person.

03.08 COUNTERFEITING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful to
counterfeit any license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission;
or to collect funds for any license, permit, tag or stamp by an
unauthorized person; or to obtain
by false application any license, permit, tag, stamp or hunter education
or boater education certificate issued by the Commission.
*A jail sentence for a period of up to 90 days may be imposed.*

03.09 BACKDATING OR ALTERING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful
for any person (including License Dealers) to backdate or alter any
license, permit or tag issued by the Commission or to possess any
license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission that has been
altered.

03.10 FALSIFYING INFORMATION PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful to
knowingly furnish, record or cause to be recorded any false information
on any form, license, stamp, permit, affidavit or application furnished
or used by the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.
PENALTY: $100.000 to $1,000.00

Kim Cartwright
Information Officer
Arkansas Game and Fish Commision

So it appears that KStephens has a WHOLE DIFFERENT concept of ethics, and lawful behavior.

It also appears that he feels that his ethics allow him to operate outside legal rules and regulations.

He also appears to feels it is perfectly okay for him to bad mouth folks that do things that are completely legal, because what they are doing, does not mesh with his concept of ethics.

I really hope that one of these days an Arkansas GW catches him and nails his ass to the barn wall.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Okay, I got sort of tired of this bsflag, so I contacted the Arkansas Game and Fish Commision.

Here is what they sent me.

Briana Miller
Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
Enforcement Division
501-223-6401

03.06 POSSESSION OF IMPROPER LICENSE.
It shall be unlawful to possess any license, permit, tag or stamp issued
by the Commission to any other person.

03.07 LENDING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful to lend any
license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission to any other
person.

03.08 COUNTERFEITING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful to
counterfeit any license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission;
or to collect funds for any license, permit, tag or stamp by an
unauthorized person; or to obtain
by false application any license, permit, tag, stamp or hunter education
or boater education certificate issued by the Commission.
*A jail sentence for a period of up to 90 days may be imposed.*

03.09 BACKDATING OR ALTERING LICENSE PROHIBITED. It shall be unlawful
for any person (including License Dealers) to backdate or alter any
license, permit or tag issued by the Commission or to possess any
license, permit, tag or stamp issued by the Commission that has been
altered.

Kim Cartwright
Information Officer
Arkansas Game and Fish Commision

So it appears that KStephens has a WHOLE DIFFERENT concept of ethics, and lawful behavior.

It also appears that he feels that his ethics allow him to operate outside legal rules and regulations.

He also appears to feels it is perfectly okay for him to bad mouth folks that do things that are completely legal, because what they are doing, does not mesh with his concept of ethics.

I really hope that one of these days an Arkansas GW catches him and nails his ass to the barn wall.

I must have missed something? to what unlawful behavior are you refering to?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
JSTEPHENS-

I only have one question for you: How can you stand on your soap box and question ANYTHING when you are an admited lawbreaker and have violated state game statutes???

Using someone else's tag is POACHING no matter how you try and sugarcoat it...

That makes YOU a POACHER and NOT a hunter.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9372 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
KSTEPHENS wrote:
quote:
i'd rather hunt w/ someone who didnt hunt over bait or inside pens than w/ someone who cared whos tag was on a deer after it was dead.

For me, I would NEVER hunt with a self-professed poacher who is so hypocritical that he/she thinks poaching is OK while hunting over any type of food plot or feeder is not.

Worse yet, you don't have the intellectual depth to grasp that bragging about your POACHING exploits can still land you in some rather hot water.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9372 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jb:

quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
...i have said publicly that i have used a family members tag.

In the first post on this thread.

and THEN he tries to play legalese games over what poaching actually is...

and tries to turn his version of hunting on dad's license as "not poaching"
quote:
poach·ing
–noun 1. the illegal practice of trespassing on another's property to hunt or steal game without the landowner's permission.
2. any encroachment on another's property, rights, ideas, or the like.

[Origin: 1605–15; poach1 + -ing1]

hunting without a licence or party hunting is what you are talking about I think.

So, again, he admits to poaching, repeatedly.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38596 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

He has admitted to using the tags off his Dad's license on a couple of different threads.

Now, regardless of your personal opinion of Texas and Texans, what is your opinion of someone that openly admits to doing something that is legally wrong, yet sets around questioning other peoples ethics, even though what they are doing is legal?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
[what is your opinion of someone that openly admits to doing something that is legally wrong, yet sets around questioning other peoples ethics, even though what they are doing is legal?

That person would be a hypocrite. As Bobby Tomek has noted.
I havent been able to run down where he did some thing illegal.I searched the AR fish and game website and it doesnt say you cant tag a deer shot by someone else.At least I couldnt find it.I also searched the archives here,couldnt find anything about using anothers tag..Anybody?
In Minnesota, as noted,such practice is legal,as long as both parties are together hunting.
It ( the AR website) does say you cant take someones tag hunting,instead of having your own tag,but it doesnt say(at least I cant find it) you cant go hunting(with your own tag)shoot a deer and let someone else tag it.Perhaps Im wrong.If so,please enlighten me.And,feel free to contact the arkansas tip line.

I also dont know how Texas and Texas hunting came up. bewildered

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
glad to have given you boys something to talk about.
Crazyhorseconsulting, your a hoot. let em know how much that call cost you and ill donate the same amout to the NRA in your name, what a riot. calling ARFAG.
you need to get cable. or read a book.
anyways, im sure you fellas dont have anything better to do. Sad, its still season here and i still have a few deer to kill.
I have had a ball. but i got to say this and i hope i DO hurt some feelings.
Some of you are pathetics. do you not understand that this isnt reality. this is a forum thread. hello, mcfly?
If i posted that i killed babies and drunk thier blood you guys would be calling the cops. you a riot. gullibale bunch for sure.
Look SFB's. Im not taking back anything iv said, but just to let you know, sometimes people say thing to intentionally stir any you fish are all to happy to take the worm.
how much time have you wasted. CHC actually call ARFGrotflmoed !!! hillarious.
Get a life for christ sake.
If you spent the same amount of time focusing on you woman that you spend focusing on me....
never mind.

Anyways, thanks for the entertainment.

nerds, rotflmo

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Crazyhorseconsulting, your a hoot. let em know how much that call cost you and ill donate the same amout to the NRA in your name, what a riot. calling ARFAG.
anyways, im sure you fellas dont have anything better to do. Sad, its still season here and i still have a few deer to kill.
Some of you are pathetics. do you not understand that this isnt reality. this is a forum thread. hello, mcfly?
If i posted that i killed babies and drunk thier blood you guys would be calling the cops. you a riot. gullibale bunch for sure.
Look SFB's. Im not taking back anything iv said, but just to let you know, sometimes people say thing to intentionally stir any you fish are all to happy to take the worm.
If you spent the same amount of time focusing on you woman that you spend focusing on me....
never mind.

nerds, rotflmo

Back track, call names ..... but from where I sit all I see or hear is a poacher.

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
KSTEPHENS, nice try. Your tactic is called diversionary tactics. You are trying to distract that you were caught and are indeed a poacher. Using your family members tags. Now you try to lie to us and say you said that like you were fishing for a response. BS. bsflag Then you resort to calling names and insulting us, this is not going to make a case for yourself, it just shows your true colors.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
JB

it is REALLY simple... "hunter 1's name is on hunter 2s deer, with hunter 1's tag"

quote:
...tags get filled. is it different who pulls the trigger? me or dad? theres only 6 tags. he flies and has no intention of killing more than 2 deer.
i drive and can pack alot more out. so i put my first deer on his tag.

quote:

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38596 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Your a funny person!!! rotflmo

Call didn't cost me nothing, there is this wonderful new invention, called a computer and by gosh you can get on it and send these here E-Mails all kinds of places, and folks will respond back to you.

What a friggin concept man, ain't America Great?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for my woman, I spent a wonderful weekend with her at a friends place and Sat. afternoon she shot a nice deer, we had fresh backstrap for supper last night.

Oh and by the way, it was all totally unethical, we were setting behind a 2x4 strung between two "Tee" posts with brush piled in front of us, watching a feeder on a 300+ acre low fenced property, when the deer walked the fence and started toward the feeder and I sort of whistled at it and she dropped it in its tracks with one shot from her 257 Roberts at about 80 yards.

It was legal, but hey what does that matter to a highly knowledgeable and ethical person such as yourself.

one of us
posted Hide Post
merry christmas to all!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you and yours and all of the rest of the membership of Accurate Reloading.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Kstephens,

Do two wrongs make a right? Is it "ethical" to adhere only to the laws you agree with?

In Utah it is unlawfull to shoot not only from a vehicle but also from inside 100 ft of a road. I agree with that law and do my best to uphold all laws.

Wendell Reich,

Experience is not nessicarily a common denominator, nor does it constitute an ethical high ground. One persons experience is another persons nightmare. As someone who has seen hunters from all walks of life Im sure you know what I mean.

Posts: 10158 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
WOW!
differences abound.
I joined a Arkansas hunting board to get rut info for when i hunt that area. i join in and post every once in a while. It amazes me what some people see as "ethical" behavior.
Now some people have argued w/ me here over ethics becasue i have said publicly that i have used a family members tag.
I got blasted over at the AR forum for saying that if a man shot a deer and found solid blood but didnt recover the deer or recovered it days later he should burn the tag.
I got totally blasted from these guys.
Now i almost got booted off the site for suggesting that shooting deer from inside a truck cab was unethical.
a hunter decided since the weather wasnt to his liking he would pull his truck out onto the field and use it as a blind.
in Arkansas as long as the truck isnt in motion its legal.
any way i thought i'd link you to the thread i just started about ethics. it should be a real riot.
enjoy
ethics thread on Arkansas forum

quote:
By 30-378

One thing you must understand. When you start telling or suggesting to others how they are to live their lives coupled with absolutely no authority to do so and hanging your opinion out on the internet, you are going to catch a little heat.

Every action does not require reaction!!!!!!!!
Sometimes silence is bliss.

I agree with 30-378! No matter how much we value our own opinions, others rarely assign the same value to them! Something to think about! If it seems you can never get along with, or agree with anyone else, the place to look for the reason, is in the mirror!

Why dogs have more friends than people is, "HE WAGS HIS TAIL, INSTEAD OF TOUNGUE!"

................... beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
never mind.

nerds, rotflmo

Do Crawfish crawl bacwards?? Open mouth insert foot! Can you say HYPOCRITE
jumping jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote