Find
Notify
Tools

Name change??????
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Since this site already has the "Crater or Sewer" depending on a person's POV, I wonder if the American Big Game Hunting topic area could be re-named?

I think a more appropriate title would be: American Bitching/Pissing/Whining/Moaning/Drama Queen To The Max discussion area, for those that simply cannot accept the fact that not EVERYONE else views/participates/feels about hunting and their role in it from the Exact same stance.

All these personal differences is what is hurting hunting in America. Why do American hunters hate each other? Why can't we accept the fact that each of us, as an INDIVIDUAL, view hunting and how we feel about it and how we want to participate in it, as a Personal option for each of us?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All these personal differences is what is hurting hunting in America. Why do American hunters hate each other? Why can't we accept the fact that each of us, as an INDIVIDUAL, view hunting and how we feel about it and how we want to participate in it, as a Personal option for each of us?

Good questions, and really hard answers. I see the same thing year in and year out. Hate is rather strong, I have always felt it is egos. Maybe a gene handed down through generations, that pushes a man to succeed to fill a primal need to fill his freezer. But in modern times it has switched to trophys and success at any cost. Bravado, machokisma. Something like that. Many of has seen the rise of the trophy hunter and what fallows. I could write a book on people I have hunted with, even occasionaly continue to hunt with and the different personalities, goals, desires, and acts. bewildered

Many, one time hunting, or one conversation is enough. I agree, it is ruining hunting. Already has as I don't hunt near as much as I used to.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking back at AR over the past year to eighteen months and the number of folks that have stopped posting huning reports, stopped posting pictures and the number of folks on the discussion about the elk pictures that openly stated that they won't post pictures or hunt reports because someone or several someones and I include myself find reasons to get into a pissing match.

What happened to the old, "If You Don't Have Something Nice To Say, Don't Say Nothing". Instead, whether thru jealousy or some dillusional personal concept of self importance, people want to belittle/ridicule/accuse/question another person's honesty in their hunt report or choice of animal shot or how they felt or perceived the whole experience of the hunt they were describing.

I just don't get it myself. We are all individuals even though we do have one thing in common a desire to hunt. Why isn't that good enough for everyone? As long as what we as individuals do on our hunts is LEGAL and ETHICALLY ACCEPTABLE in the location we are hunting, WHY does ANYONE feel that they have to discredit the individual and try to make them appear to be an inferior individual?

I just don't see where this attitude of wanting to ridicule or discredit another hunter over their choices or successes does any of us any good or does the future of hunting any good.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Somewhere along the line folks seems to have forgotten their manners.

~Ann

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ann, I am as guilty as anyone more so than many in fueling these pissing contests, so I am not just casting stones at everyone else.

These continual attacks on other hunters over the way they conduct their business as far as how they hunt/what they hunt/what they consider a trophy/where they hunt, in my opinion isonly hurting hunting and sites like this.

One site I visit, a regional fishing site, has gone to the extent that the topic for posting a fishing is closed to comments about the reports by other members.

I really don't like that type of set-up, but with what takes place on here, I can see the value of it.

Post a report and no one can make a comment, good/bad or otherwise and no pissing contests take place.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is because we are disconnected by not actually meeting in person.Some how sitting behind a keyboard, where you really cannot being taken to task for what you say brings out the worst in folks.I have the feeling that in face to face encounters these conversations would be much different.Everyone is entitled to free speech,but need to remember with free speech there can be consequences.It would be so much easier to just be be civil with each other.
CHC you are for sure right about if you do not have something good to say ,dont say it!!!later,OB Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Some fail to just put down the shovel diggin

If I post a report it may have a long winded story

If I feel the need to comment I can do so without a long responce

I will never call names or cuss here as others have....

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think as a whole, Today's social interaction is going totally backwards. look at the people texting while eating out, walking down the street, ect you see it all over. It used to be a gift to be able to tell a good story. You would stop over to see a friend for no reason at all. Just to shoot the SHHIT. The computer/cell phone has change that. Now you can be in contact with the world while being alone. Humans are a social animal and I think our values are being changed because of it. I look back at the stories my Dad and his friends would share about hunting, usually with a cold one after hunting or before a hunt with a cup of coffee. Hell some of the stuff was made up, But it was mostly truthfull, The deer usually got bigger every year or the Mountain got bigger/ Snow deeper.You get the point. But the difference is people got together, They didn't post it on AR or Facebook ect. EGO's didn't get in the way, Old timer's where held in special regard. Just ask a Kid what they think manners are.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Maybe we could change the name to "Crazys soap box" Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:

And I think we have a winner!!!!!

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exactly why is thi being turned into a problem I am the only one having problems with. Brian, would you like being attacked over a hunt report by someone that knows nothing about you you.

This is not about ME, this is about the whole American Big Game Hunting topic area.

Please tell folks just exactly how many times you have actually met me or talked to me? I can answer that for you, NEVER! Same goes for Drummond.

You know if I had that much animosity toward someone I never met merely over what they post on an internet forum I think I would either put them on ignore or leave the site.

Why don't you share with all your friends on here why you think I am such a low life?

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
diggin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted, share your thoughts, you seem to know so much about me? Explain in your own words why you think it is a good thing for members, especially new members to get ripped, simply for posting a report or some pictures from a hunt they are/were proud of. You seem to always have some insightful comments to make?

Maybe instead of a name change for the topic area, the whole topic area needs to be deleted, especially if folks reach the point, as a few have stated, that they will not post pictures or a report on here due to the actions of a few individuals, who, for what ever their reasons, need to ridicule another hunter, or try to discredit another hunter, or bring another hunters honesty/veracity into question, or make another hunter feel that something they were are proud of, they have no reason to be, because it does not meet the standards of a few individuals that believe they are the only "Real Hunters" on this site.

Is that what this discussion area is going to turn into? A section where only "Accepted Individuals" can feel free to post reports or pictutres or make comments or state opinions? That should make it a real interesting place to visit, what do you think?

one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Maybe " Bored outta our Minds " !
After some of the crazy things said on here I think it's fitting.

I expect when I post anything that there will be at least 50% negative responses. I only hope there are some left who enjoy others successes, or experiences enough to make it worth the bother.

No matter how big the rack, how small the group, good deal, or not, there will be comments of how much smaller it was, bigger the group is, how poorly a gun shoots, etc, etc.

I have found out that only Barnes bullets work on game. Only custom built rifles are worth owning. Only Zeiss or Nightforce scopes are any good, and that the only good pair of binos cost over $2k. Never mind knives, 4x4's, quads, boats, treestands, bows, pistols.......

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe " Bored outta our Minds " !
After some of the crazy things said on here I think it's fitting.

I expect when I post anything that there will be at least 50% negative responses. I only hope there are some left who enjoy others successes, or experiences enough to make it worth the bother.

No matter how big the rack, how small the group, good deal, or not, there will be comments of how much smaller it was, bigger the group is, how poorly a gun shoots, etc, etc.

I have found out that only Barnes bullets work on game. Only custom built rifles are worth owning. Only Zeiss or Nightforce scopes are any good, and that the only good pair of binos cost over $2k. Never mind knives, 4x4's, quads, boats, treestands, bows, pistols.......

You are probably correct on the bored part. It is the rest of your analisys where the problems seem to arise.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
CHC

Nope, never have met you.....can't say I ever will

I will say my oppinion of you is mine and mine alone and shaped by your post through the years

If you want further explanation I could PM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pm'ing me over nonsense like this discussion is out of the question except for a small handful of folls, and they know who they are.

This is just an internet chatroom. Some folks are going to get along, some folks aren't, that is just life in action.

You hit the nail on the head for about 99% of the members on this site, we will never meet or have any actual contact, we might get along okay, we might not, we will never know.

I can say however, were the occasion to arise that we did meet, I would go into that meeting with an open mind about your character. I do not believe you can say the same thing.

No matter how sideways I get with people in these discussions, I never lose sight of the fact that this is the internet and is not an accurate window to the actual character of anyone.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
What a person says or writes is a reflection of them self....

Sorry but true

I can tell a lot about a person from reading

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please people, let it go. If you keep poking the guy who started this thread, it will end in a post demanding civility in one paragraph and swearing a blue streak in the next. Just let it go, and I will take it as read that you do not agree. I've got an Uncle like this and I bet some of you do as well. Let it go.
If your looking for something interesting, I recommend the African hunting forum and the issue of the destruction of the Save Conservancy. A great deal of game is on the way to the biltong racks, and a serious disruption of lives is taking place. You want a serious issue to be concerned about, that's my recommendation.

This BS is not 1/1000th of a percent as important.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a person says or writes is a reflection of them self....

That's a hard one to refute tu2

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:
Please people, let it go. If you keep poking the guy who started this thread, it will end in a post demanding civility in one paragraph and swearing a blue streak in the next. Just let it go, and I will take it as read that you do not agree. I've got an Uncle like this and I bet some of you do as well. Let it go.
If your looking for something interesting, I recommend the African hunting forum and the issue of the destruction of the Save Conservancy. A great deal of game is on the way to the biltong racks, and a serious disruption of lives is taking place. You want a serious issue to be concerned about, that's my recommendation.

tu2 tu2 Agree 100%!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SG Olds:

point taken, 100% correct, post removed.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What a person says....

That implys a conversation has to take place.

Posts/responses, PM's and emails are not a conversation.

So with the suggestion that it would be better that everyone go to the African Hunting topic area, is that a vote for having the American Big Game Hunting section done away with?

Having people not post hunt reports/post pictures of their hunts in America because of the attitudes of a few people, is preferrable than having an active topic area about American Big Game hunting?

Why have the American Big game topic section at all, if a few "Bully Boys" only want to find fault with everything, anyone not in their little clique has to contribute.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
CHC

You asked for me to tell you my thoughts

Blunt.....sorry......but you have a PM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it won't be read. I have no problem with a person expressing their opinions, no matter how blunt, simply because it is just an opinion, based on what their thoughts are on an issue or person. News Flash, no two people on this skite or anyother feel or think the exact same way. now I can copy and post your PM on here for all to read. considering I already stated that there are only a handful of folks on this site that I will accept an email from concerning stuff that goes on here, you are not one of them.

All PM's do is ctreate a He Said - He Said situation. As I have stated over and over again, I Do Not Ask Or Expect ANYONE To Agree With Me On ANYTHING, I am not that shallow or egotistical.

The problem is, I respect people for being able to have an opinion and being willing to state it. That In No Way Means That I have To Agree With Their Opinion. The key word is RESPECT. IMO, the folks that are so quick to post negative comments about another members pictures or hunt reports, ONLY RESPECT THEMSELVES and have only a small amount of respect for those that agree with them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted

horse

pissers

bewildered

nilly

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Thank you so true,a nobody with no experience in what he talks about.

Posts: 210 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
Ted

horse

pissers

bewildered

nilly

Perry

So true......he is now on ignore

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Come on Dove season...

AMEN for that, 9 more days for us in North Texas and we are seeing quite a few birds. tu2

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not that you're so often the cause or wrong, it is just that you are so damned insistent about it...... dancing

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think a more appropriate title would be: American Bitching/Pissing/Whining/Moaning/Drama Queen To The Max discussion area,

Wow, seems exactly like what you are doing. Hmmm.

quote:
This is not about ME,

Of course it is. Was it not your feelings that compelled you to start the topic??? Just keep chanting to yourself, "it's all about me, No it's not...it's all about me, no it's not" and soon you will be Obama. Problem solved. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Crazy, 1/3 of the posts on this thread are yours. You talking to yourself? Big Grin

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's funny!

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
9 more days for us in North Texas and we are seeing quite a few birds.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
The following happend about 3,000 years ago.

A young man goes to his father, and says he has trouble understanding what people think.

His father said, "come along, I will show you something"

The father took their donkey, and both him and his started walking.

They passed by some people, and one of them commented "look at that silly man and his son, they have a donkey, and they don't ride it while it is so hot to walk"

The father and son then both ride the donkey.

They pass some people. They heard them say "God, look at that heartless man and his son. They are riding that poor donkey in this heat!"

The father gets off the donkey, and leaves his son on it.

They pass some people. They said "Isn't that incredible? Look at that mannerless boy, he is riding the donkey while his poor father is walking in this heat!"

He gets his son off the donkey, and he rides it.

They pass some more people. The said "Look at that man! He is riding the donkey in comfort, while the poor boy is walking in this heat!"

The father gets off the donkey, and he and his son carry the donkey instead.

They pass some people. They said "how stupid can one get? Look at those two, they have donkey, and instead of riding it, they are carrying it!"

Do whavever makes you happy, and stop listening to the naysayers.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, tu2 tu2 clap beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sadly, common courtesy (as well as common sense) isn't as common as it used to be.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is part of the price of modern society. It is far easier to find fault with what others do, than to just move on to something else.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
just move on to something else.

+1

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote