Notify
Tools

Boots-Danner Jackles
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a pair of Danner Jackles?

What are they like?

Any cushioning/padding/arch support inside on the bottom or are they like cheap tennis shoes inside?

Rick

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had 5 pairs of these. The very first pair were great and I wore them all the time. They are great boots for stalking in terrain that was non rocky. I wore these for a year and then a seam busted so I had to send them back. Besides the seam they were in great shape after a year of hard use and abuse. I'm very hard on boots. I returned them and they sent me another pair no questions asked. In one Fall I went through 4 pairs and never did find one that had the quality as the first pair I had. They all had quality issues ranging from eyelets ripping out to rough seams on the inside that rubbed your feet. I loved the first pair but I don't think I will try them again because of all the issues I had with.

Jeremy Gugelmeyer
www.sagebrushhunts.com

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are Jackles American made or China made?
My Acadias (sic?) are USA made, I've had them over 5+years and they just now need to be sent back to get resoled. My "striker" are Chinese made and are POS. If I hadn't bought the Acadias first, I'd never buy Danner again.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't have a pair anymore to look at. Does danners website tell where they are made?

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair. They are very good on non-rocky ground. Soles are too thin to wear on rocks. I've worn them in Namibia. My pair had a lacing stud that was right in front of your ankle bone. When I was first wearing the boots, the stud hurt my ankle. I pulled them out with a pair of pliers. They are much more comfortable now. I like the pair now. Would I buy another pair? Probably not. I think they are made in China.

Posts: 75 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am 6'3" and weigh 250. Not enough support for rocky ground but quite and broken in from day one.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look for the American Flag patriot

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is difficult to find things NOT made in China these days. I do without, before I patronise the "regime".

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Danner Jackal GTX boot is a great light boot if used for what it is designed for. I have had a pair for 2 years and they've been on an early AZ elk hunt (the quietest boot I've ever owned) and a 8 day hunt in RSA east cape. The only place I didn't feel they were perfect for, was in the rocky and up/down terrain that Kudu seem to love.

Posts: 87 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote