New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SCI World Record mule deer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hunting Report subscriber Del Brady took what should easily be the new SCI World Record mule deer. Click this link for a look at this beautiful buck:

http://www.huntingreport.com/w...te.cfm?articleid=433

The height on this rack is simply amazing.

Posts: 207 | Location: Florida | Registered: 28 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a beauty!

That site (hunting report) has lots of reading! Eeker

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!

That one would make your hunting career more memorable Wink

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let's ses if we can link to that picture.... (courtesy of the Hunting Report, naturally...)

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the B & C score of this toad?? Not sure how the SCI score differs from B & C, something like no deductions for non-typ points?? I've got a good buddy with 15 pref points for Utah, next year will be his year for the Henry's...

an absolutely beautiful deer...

Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they should have mentioned how much it weighed.

Posts: 930 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris_Kenney
posted Hide Post
Unreal! That is one gorgeous deer. shocker

Posts: 120 | Location: Frisco, TX | Registered: 13 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do SCI records differ from B&C records?? I guess the proper question is WHY does SCI have it's own record system? Why not simply use B&C??

I'm not a big "numbers" guy so I'm out of the loop here.
FN in MT

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i believe SCI is B&C gross

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
You can download SCI scoresheets from their website.

Basically, the difference between SCI scoring and B&C scoring, is that SCI does not deduct for horns or antlers not being symmetrical.

Where this hurts the score is the case where a point or tine exists on one one side, but the corresponding point either didn't grow as long or was broken on the other side. Under the B&C scoring, the lengths of both of these points would be entered, then the difference in their length would be subtracted from the sub-total. Under the SCI scoring, the lengths of both of these points would be entered, and there would not be any deductions.

For Typical entries, under B&C, lengths of non-typical points are entered, then subtracted. Under SCI scoring, lengths of non-typical points are only entered in the supplemental information section and are not included in the total score. Basically, under both systems, only typical measurements are counted for the total score.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote