New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barbary hunt in the New Mexico
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone been on the month long hunt in the Guadalupe's in NM and if so any success stories. I am in for today and back out tomorrow for round two.

Posts: 202 | Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA | Registered: 18 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did a bunch of research on it and was ready to shove off, but did not. I am in Deming. I 've called WCO's and spoke to quite a few people on how and where to hunt them. I'll share what I got, for equal feed back.

Posts: 346 | Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico | Registered: 05 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Pistolero in NM>
posted
Was down there last weekend but got blowed out three days. Didn't see any sheep but it will happen(hopefully) I'll be back on friday maybe see you down there.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
New Mexico Gents,

My son just got stationed at Holoman AFB down there.

I was wondering what sort of hunting opportunities are available for non-residents in New Mexico.

What about these Sheep?

Maybe just a quick general rundown on what game are in your fine State, chances for non-residents to draw or buy tags, tips on where to go, etc.

Thank you!

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Santa Claus>
posted
BW,
We have everything a person would want..Elk, Pronghorn,Whitetail,Muledeer, Coues deer, Bighorn sheep, Javelina, Oryx, Ibex, Barbary sheep, plus some I am forgetting. Some are very hard to graw for, but can almost guarantee if you put in for 34 you will get drawn for elk with your son..That is the unit near Alamogordo. They doubled the tags for next year. They want to cut the herd by 2/3rds. Next year will be the first slaughter year. It will be thin pickings afterwards. I run a moving business in Alamogordo. What is your last name? I might have moved him in.

<gundog>
posted
BW,

F.Y.I.

Sitka (Art) on 24 hour campfire just completed a successful Orix hunt in NM and the results have been posted on the 24 hour campfire Big Game board.

I know he's from your neck of the woods. Perhaps you could hear it from the horse's mouth (so to speak).

Mark.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Gents. Sounds like you folks have some great hunting down there!

Santa,

My son was arriving from Tech School (F16's) in Texas, he didn't have anything but a suitcase. Thanks though!

Think I'll check out Arts hunt at the Campfire...

------------------
Brian
The 416 Taylor WebPage!

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Santa Claus>
posted
I'm the one that took Art on his hunt...So it pretty much is from the horses mouth..

[This message has been edited by Santa Claus (edited 01-26-2002).]