THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Official B&C score on the PWS Brownie

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Official B&C score on the PWS Brownie
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is my first post here, but I've frequented the forum often and enjoyed the input. I received a phone call from the taxidermist who has the skull from the brown bear taken out of Prince William Sound this October. B&C scored it right before the new year. It scored 28 14/16, and will rank 134 (based on the latest B&C score book(1999))in the world. If I am not mistaken it would be the largest bear taken out of this area, and only the second bear to enter the book from this region.

[This message has been edited by Dalliwacker (edited 01-13-2002).]

Posts: 33 | Location: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
That is one nice bear, especially one taken in the Fall! Do you know any other particulars on it like the squared measurement?

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sure David, claw to claw was 11', nose to to tail was 10', so it squared 10.5'. Most of you know by now that there were many rumors circulating throughout the net about the bear, I think for the most part the falacies have been cleared up.

Jim

Posts: 33 | Location: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
You wouldn't have any pics of the skull would you?

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No not currently. The taxidermist is suppose to scan the score sheet and email it to me. I talked to him earlier this week, and I still don't have that. I have a new digital camera that is suppose to be here on Tuesday, and I will make a trip to the Taxidermist's shop to take a few pics, and get a copy of the score sheet (because I really don't think I'll be getting the scan anytime soon). If you can hold out for a few days I'll happily get them posted for you all.

Jim

<Big Stick>
posted
In the Anchorage Paper's report,he green scored less than that(28 8/16). How did he end up netting more than the green score,after a 60drying period? Or is it 27 14/16 Net? Just curious.

Big Bear...............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Because there are those that even though you would think they knew what they were doing, they don't. It wasn't the same person doing the green score and the official score. Thats the best answer I can give to you.