The Accurate Reloading Forums
Official B&C score on the PWS Brownie

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3411043/m/81010101

13 January 2002, 22:50
Dalliwacker
Official B&C score on the PWS Brownie
This is my first post here, but I've frequented the forum often and enjoyed the input. I received a phone call from the taxidermist who has the skull from the brown bear taken out of Prince William Sound this October. B&C scored it right before the new year. It scored 28 14/16, and will rank 134 (based on the latest B&C score book(1999))in the world. If I am not mistaken it would be the largest bear taken out of this area, and only the second bear to enter the book from this region.

[This message has been edited by Dalliwacker (edited 01-13-2002).]

14 January 2002, 02:49
<DavidP>
That is one nice bear, especially one taken in the Fall! Do you know any other particulars on it like the squared measurement?

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

14 January 2002, 03:39
Dalliwacker
Sure David, claw to claw was 11', nose to to tail was 10', so it squared 10.5'. Most of you know by now that there were many rumors circulating throughout the net about the bear, I think for the most part the falacies have been cleared up.

Jim

14 January 2002, 05:22
D Humbarger
You wouldn't have any pics of the skull would you?

------------------
NRA Life member

14 January 2002, 05:30
Dalliwacker
No not currently. The taxidermist is suppose to scan the score sheet and email it to me. I talked to him earlier this week, and I still don't have that. I have a new digital camera that is suppose to be here on Tuesday, and I will make a trip to the Taxidermist's shop to take a few pics, and get a copy of the score sheet (because I really don't think I'll be getting the scan anytime soon). If you can hold out for a few days I'll happily get them posted for you all.

Jim

14 January 2002, 07:22
<Big Stick>
In the Anchorage Paper's report,he green scored less than that(28 8/16). How did he end up netting more than the green score,after a 60drying period? Or is it 27 14/16 Net? Just curious.

Big Bear...............

14 January 2002, 13:01
Dalliwacker
Because there are those that even though you would think they knew what they were doing, they don't. It wasn't the same person doing the green score and the official score. Thats the best answer I can give to you.