New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington bear hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have any good tips on bear hunting spots in Washington? I had a spot that I've been going to for years with my father-in-law, but a storm last winter washed out all three roads into the place right at the highway. You could still get in on a bike, quad, or horse, but I don't have any of these. I could hike in, but the 8 mile hike would make for some very difficult weekend hunting.

So, now I'm looking for a new area to try out. If anyone has a spot that they're willing to share or general suggestion of were to start looking, I would appreciate the help. My hope is to track something down this week since this is the only week I'm taking off this year. Thanks.

Shipping FedEx Ground keeps a small business running.

"I'm not late, I'm early for tomorrow."

Posts: 258 | Location: washington | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
you know, washington is a pretty big state. do you prefer the east side? west side? north? south? there are thousands of options, just need a little narrowing down.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'm open to everything. I'm in the Tacoma area, and was hunting around Whalehead Ridge. All I really want are general opinions. Are there more animals on the Olympic Peninsula or in the South East corner of the sate? Which region generally produces the biggest bears? That sort of thing. I wouldn't expect someone to give up their prime spot.

Shipping FedEx Ground keeps a small business running.

"I'm not late, I'm early for tomorrow."

Posts: 258 | Location: washington | Registered: 03 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out that little slice of land bordering the Quinalt Indian Reservation and Hiway 101 in G.M.U. 638. In the O.N.F. The area is called the "Promised land". Nearest town is Neilton and Amanda Park. Used to be one of my more successful spots for big B.B Getting to old to tromp after B.B., so someone else should go for it. LOTS of brush!!! I had success with a cottontail call there too. VERY EXCITING!!
P.S. Just read up on the Game laws before you go. I haven't read the B.B. regs for years, and I KNOW they probably have changed.
GOOD LUCK,
Lyle

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
there are some decent bears in good numbers around waitsburg - jasper mountain area. not so much in dayton. there are bears up here around spokane, but i haven't hunted much around here, but i've seen pictures of good ones.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote