New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leave for Minnesota tomorrow
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, I just got back from a trip to Florida where believe it or not, I went to lunch with Big Bullet, an AR poster unbeknownst to me(I saw a book on Swahili and we started talking about Africa -small world).

Anyway, even after an outstanding hunt in Tanzania this year, I am really excited about going back to MN for deer. Tucked along the Canadian border, the shack I hunt out of has lots of deer and great hunting companions. After a long day outdoors, how can you beat a hot sauna, some cold beers, and a deep fried turkey for dinner?

Can't wait!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now be sure to give us unfortunate hunters a real good report when you get back to sunny AZ and are sifting through all your huntin photo's from this year with a cold one next to you. My MN deer hunt has to wait until next season as I only hunt MN on the even years.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Griz:

Having lived in the Great Land, I am having a hard feeling sorry for you...

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Have a great time and let us know how you did! You take care, jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
... how can you beat a hot sauna, some cold beers, and a deep fried turkey for dinner?...
Huuummm..... How `bout tossing in the sauna a rich, mute, totally-naked wild woman that owns her own Beer Depot and LOVES to drag, gut, skin and process Venison.

Hope that didn't spoil it for you. Big Grin

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hot Core:

I didn't want to add that cuz other members might be a bit jealous.

I am watching my daughter play in concert tonight in Duluth, so I don't hunt until tomorrow. Drive up from MSP was quintessential MN - gray, spitting rain, but everything cloaked in the wonderful fabric of fall.

I can't believe how excited I am.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
gray, spitting rain,
Sounds like what I'm looking at right outside the door. I just know the Deer are walking as I'm whamming this in.

Don't know the correct words to wish your daughter well in her concert. Good "playing" doesn't sound right. Whatever the appropriate term is, I wish her well.

And the best of luck to you on the Hunt.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
AZ,
I'm hunting around the Lake Vermilion area this weekend... I take a boat to get to my normal hunting spot. If I'm really lucky I'll shoot a deer and on the way back boat a muskie...

Good luck and have a safe trip,
Mark.

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm suffering from the grass is greener.....well you know. Alot of our hunting has ended and the season in Mn is starting to get hot. Guess my blacktail hunt over Thanksgiving will have to tide me over.

-Ron

Posts: 192 | Location: Anchorage, Ak | Registered: 16 February 2005Reply With Quote