Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Celebrities
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted
I can not believe that his Publicist actually let him broadcast this on social media. I thought this was a joke at first. People just think too much of themselves and need to be told when they are not good at something.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZ9kL82kac

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
God awful! BANG! BANG!!

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Nugent wanna be.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
He's not the only one.

Here's the Nuge, and Weatherby Award Winner J. Alain Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc3K2m4o63Y

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
That is not nearly as bad as a lot of the music that is produced these days.

One thing that I can say for certain about Shockey is that he is a truly good person. I hunted on a ranch here in the states where Shockey had hunted. the ranch owner had nothing but good to say about Jim.

Then I hunted in Cameroon with a bunch of locals who had hosted Jim. Their faces lit up when I asked about Jim Shockey. "Oh Mr. Shockey! Very nice man! Great hunter!"

Now this was from some locals who knew nothing of Jim's fame.

If I went around and mentioned your name to the people you have hunted with, how many would exclaim, "very nice man and a great hunter!"?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt. Purvis
posted Hide Post
That is just it. He needs to stick to his profession. He is a good hunter but a terrible singer and song writer. “Bang Bang Boom Boom Bang Bang!”

Captain Clark Purvis
www.roanokeriverwaterfowl.com/

Posts: 1141 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 21 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a lot of celebrities I wouldn't mind hunting rotflmo .

As for Shockey, he strikes me as a good dude. Watched him shoot a charging cougar at about 10 feet last night. No way he actually thinks that's a good song. I can't take more than 30 secs of Ted's gibberish.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
He's not the only one.

Here's the Nuge, and Weatherby Award Winner J. Alain Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc3K2m4o63Y

The Nuge's music is a little too much rock for me.

I meet Alain Smith a couple of years ago at the grand opening of the Wild Sheep Foundation's new office outside of Bozeman, MT. I talked with him for quite a wile, and he seemed pretty genuine. I always liked his hunting shows.

I've also always liked Jim Shockey's TV shows, and have talked to him at several outdoor shows. He certainly has cornered the market on half moon .300 Weatherby scope cuts above his eye. Smiler

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
That is not nearly as bad as a lot of the music that is produced these days.

One thing that I can say for certain about Shockey is that he is a truly good person. I hunted on a ranch here in the states where Shockey had hunted. the ranch owner had nothing but good to say about Jim.

Then I hunted in Cameroon with a bunch of locals who had hosted Jim. Their faces lit up when I asked about Jim Shockey. "Oh Mr. Shockey! Very nice man! Great hunter!"

Now this was from some locals who knew nothing of Jim's fame.

If I went around and mentioned your name to the people you have hunted with, how many would exclaim, "very nice man and a great hunter!"?

I agree. I have heard a lot of complaints about many outdoor personalities (some pretty famous ones), but never one bad thing about Shockey.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shockey's gonna have to try hard if he's gonna match jimmy houston arrowing a propped up dead deer from a tree stand inside a pen. rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr. Shockey, seems to be a man doing what that particular man wanted to do at that particular time. I value my freedom and I bet he does also. The people who are offended by bang, bang, bang are not relavent to how a free man should choose his actions.

Mr. Shockey keep your day job.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote