Find
Notify
Tools

Another bear attack in Montana
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
https://www.explorebigsky.com/...ecreation-area/50515

A hunting party was in need of rescue on Sept. 8 at 1:47 p.m. following a grizzly bear attack, according to a Sept. 9 press release from the Gallatin County Sheriff’s Office. Gallatin County Sheriff Search and Rescue volunteers from the Big Sky Section and Heli Team, Montana Fish & Wildlife Law Enforcement Officers, U.S. Forest Service Law Enforcement, Life Flight HelicopterTeam and Gallatin County Sheriff’s Deputies, responded to the request for aid and transported the patient to Life Flight Helicopter. The patient ultimately was taken to Bozeman Health Deaconess Regional Medical Center for further evaluation. Their condition is not known at this time.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
I worked on 9 1/4 Circle Ranch seems like a hundred years ago. It borders Yellowstone Park to the South and Big Sky to the North just west of the highway. 12000 acres as I recall. Lots of black/cinnamon bears enough grizzlies around too to keep you aware.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not that far way from where this happened.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I worked on the 320 ranch 200 years ago and we saw Grizzly’s regularly. Really 1986.

Posts: 28 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 17 June 2022Reply With Quote