THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Mountain Lion: BC, Vancouver island or Utah?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain Lion: BC, Vancouver island or Utah?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm planning a Mountain Lion hunt for the holidays end Dec/early Jan of this year. Will be a vacation with my wife, combining a week of hunt and some days of ski. I'm looking a nice lodge as accomodation. Off course cant be a hunt "on call" as normally done from the cougar's outfitters, because I must book the flights from Italy in advance, but I will look the place with the biggest possibilities of taking a big cat. Seemes that the most interesting areas are Vancouver island and Okanagan in B.C. and Utah. In both regions there are also some very nice sky station as Whistler and Park City or Sundance. Thanks for any advises

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Mario.....go Okanagon and check out Mark Hubbard. You will not be disappointed.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1814 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
The Lancasters and Steve Rahn also get some pretty good cats in the central interior (just north of the Okanagan).

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Canuck.....does Rahn have his own dogs or is he hiring a cat man?

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1814 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I understand he has his own dogs and works with a couple other guys. He seems to have a lot more irons in the fire with his "estate" hunting in Sask though...things could be different. His territory does produce though.

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
compared to a BC cat a utah cat is tiny and hairless

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Darryl Schneider, Ashnola Guide Outfitter, the next door neighbor to M Hubbard. In my opinion a much better managment plan in effect for three generations.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't ignore Alberta. Some big cats are found here each year. I know a fellow not far from where live, John... can't remember his last name (Cassidy I think) , owns his own dogs. I've been to his house, a walk-out bungalow in the foothills, the whole walk-out floor is geared towards his clients, with gorgeous bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, a view to die for, the works. I'll be damned if I can remember the name of his outfit, but I can find out. You'd be close to Banff, Lake Louise, etc, if you want to do the tourist thing before or after.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys,

and why not Vancouver island? Ther'is the highest concentrations of cougars in North America.

Frans, yet I hunted Bison in Alberta and I visited Banff and lake Louise. Great places. If you find the address of Mr. Cassidy we can ask infos.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
maybe is this:http://www.abhunting.com/Trophy/CougarOutfitters/gallery.asp

mario

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Mario,

You might want to look at Idaho. I believe it has put the most lions in the B&C book. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are also big cats here in Nevada, and good ski resorts only a few minutes from Reno.

Posts: 1765 | Location: Northern Nevada | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade Lemon, Utah! http://www.wadelemonhunting.com/

He has hunted leopard as well as jaguar with his hounds.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last year I booked an anterless elk hunt on the San Carlos Apache Indian Reservation and it included a free Mtn Lion tag but being from California I had to turn it down since it's a protected animal I couldn't bring it in the state.I'd never be able to get away with I didn't know the regs since I'm a retired peace officer with a degree in wildlife mgt.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade Lemon is one of my options.

mario

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wade is upfront, honest as the day is long, and pretty much a pretty nice guy, with success equaled by few.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I produced a High Definition film out of a Conservation Tag hunt with Wade Lemon this past January. He and his crew are some of the hardest working, god fearing people you will ever meet anywhere. We've hunted multiple species with Wade and he always performs like the consumate pro he is. Ask him for a copy of the video or pm me and I'll get you one. Wade has something like 60 dogs so he can rotate "fresh" ones into the mix if you need them. Start working out now and have a good time.

James J. Thomas
Owner Execguide Inc.
Harbinger Omnimedia
Pensacola, FL
412.596.7093 (cell)
011881631537519 (sat)

Posts: 8 | Location: Pensacola, FL | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sent an e.mail to Wade

mario

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
New Mexico - http://www.markvoutfitters.com/

]

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3046 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
foud an outfitter in Vancouver che seems not bad:

mario

one of us
posted Hide Post