Find
Notify
Tools

I'm The Proudest Dad Alive!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted
This is my 9 year old daughters first deer! She shot it this past weekend in the Hill Country of Texas. She made a most excellent shot on it using my .223...she hit both lungs and the liver at about 60 yards and the buck didn't go 40 yards after the shot! The next evening she shot a big doe that went only 30 yards after receiving a 55 gr Ballistic Tip through the heart. She is a very natural rifle shot and I hope and pray that she will continue to be my little hunting buddy.  -

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
Nice deer and a beautiful daughter. You should be proud. Merry Christmas TXPO

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
TXPO

I must congratulate your daughter to the very nice whitetail. Keep up the good work and good luck with the hunting

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
My sincerest congratulations, sir, to you and your proud daughter! You're truly blessed, and she's a lucky young lady!

This will be a very nice Christmas for her, I'm sure.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats to both you and your daughter . its so nice to see the youngsters with their first deer . if i live to be 100 years old i will never forget my daughters first buck . a nice 6 point here in pennsylvania . she took it with a little mauser 98 in 8mm that my father built . once again congrats .
happy holidays to all

rick

Posts: 25 | Location: patton pennsylvania usa | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cool !
You might just be in contention for "father of the year" award.
Nice job & congrats !

Posts: 199 | Location: North Central Indiana | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I was fortunate enough to be there for the big event. She was quite proud and excited, but not enough to compare to her dad. She's a great kid. She paid here dues on the range before this hunt and it showed. Hopefully she has come to understand what it is we all love so much about hunting and will continue to enjoy hunting with her dad for many years to come. Merry Christmas to you all.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, I know how proud you are!  -

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
 -

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TXPO,

Congratulations to both of you. Your little girl must be as proud of you as you are of her!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Congrats to little TXPO!

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Longbob
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you and your daughter. That was a nice story and deer. You won't be able to wipe the smile off your faces for a while. Heck, you've got me smiling!

Posts: 3512 | Location: Denton, TX | Registered: 01 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Judging by the picture I think you've got a hunting partner for life! Nice buck, GREAT kid!

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the kind comments. She is already asking me when can we go hunting again. I guess I'll have to find a way to get her back out again before the season ends.....If she keeps this up she may tag out her first year....and thats 5 deer here in Texas!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love those Hill Country bucks with the high, basket racks. A great moment for you both.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote