New
Find
Notify
Tools

Einstein Is Alive In Utah!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted

Posts: 67076 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost a daily occurrence in Yellowstone it seems.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1606 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Seemed like a good idea at the time. It was no where near Yellowstone and I suspect adult beverages were involved.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Not the first "hold my beer and watch this" episode involving bison up that way. He's lucky to be alive, but he is dragging down humanity's collective IQ.
I believe it was a few years back that a guy tried this near the Little Bighorn Battlefield while his wife took video. She ended up filming his death.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16428 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no way he is native Utahn, unless that is, he is from Salt Lake Smiler

Posts: 2642 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meh- it was a domesticated bison in a stock pen. I have a buddy and his bison are pettable, I guess until they are not. Just like many domestic animals.
My last angus bull was tame as a kitten, until one day he ran me up the corral fence and tried to kill me. Maybe the same thing happened here.
They sure blurred the lines between a ranch kept, penned bison to wild bison (or even large ranch ranging bison).

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hopefully it emasculated him to chlorinate the gene pool and eliminate his potential contribution. The stupid gene doesn’t need to be spread.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13183 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You actually have no idea how bad it is. I live pretty close to Yellowstone and go there on a fairly regular basis, and you would not believe how many people I have seen do really stupid stuff.

One time I almost didn't get out of Yellowstone in one piece. Here is what happened. we were down in the Lamar valley in the wintertime. Winter is a good time because there are less stupid people and more animals to see, anyway, there was a couple of coyotes that had found a dead elk carcass. The carcass was frozen solid and buried under about a foot of snow. The coyote had dug a little hole in the snow just at the back of the rib cage and were working like angry beavers trying to tear off little bits of frozen elk. It was very amusing to watch them. Along came a group of 5 or 6 ladies all dressed in the lastest fasion outdoor clothing and had nice expensive cameras taking pictures. I was standing about 10 feet from them watching the coyotes. I overheard them several times saying how beautiful and majestic the WOLVES are. After about 10 minutes of hearing them I decided to tell them that it was coyotes and not wolves. My wife warned me not to say anything and against her and my better judgement I went over to them and politely explained to them that they were looking at coyotes and not wolves. That did not go over well at all. I was cussed and yelled at and almost physically attacked because I maligned their beautiful wolves. My wife thankfully drug me back to the vehicle and we drove off to the group still yelling at me! The sad part is this is not the first time I have did that in Yellowstone. You would think I would learn to shut up and just drive away but I never do. I guess that just reflects that I am not that smart either.

Posts: 516 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
People have done stupid stuff all the time throughout the ages
I’m pretty sure none you Einsteins ever did anything dumb?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote