Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite Bullet
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
I like the TSX. For the type of hunting I do and in the country I hunt, shots can be 400 yards or 30 yards. In my experience (not everyone elses) I have experienced a far greater amount of meat damage with other types (that shall remain nameless to avoid the shitstorm later) of bullets. I am no expert hunter nor am I a professional, but I spend 30-40 days a year deer hunting (taking out friends, neighbor kids and a real pissy son of a bit%$% in a wheelchair (who shall remain nameless as well---you know who you are! Big Grin).
Barnes TSX are MY favorite, they are accurate, deadly and meat damage is minimal.

IV

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
I have killed deer with 87 gr. Hornady SP bullets from my 243 to 150 gr. bullets from my 30-06. I am a big Barnes bullet fan, and would use them if I go on a Canadian WT hunt.

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nosler Partition

one of us
posted Hide Post
For deer the 139 gr Hornady 7mm cal bullet. whether its loaded in my 280,7x57,7mm08 or a 7mag it just stops deer! There are lots of bullets that work well but this one works real well.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
125-grain Nosler Partition in my .260 Rem

---
Eric Ching
"The pen is mightier than the sword...except in a swordfight."

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk1:
MV below 2850fps-Hornady Interlock SPs
MV above 2850fps-Nosler Partitions

I don't need no polymer-tipped tungsten cupped depleted uranium molecularly bonded core bullets coated with ultra-slick dry space shuttle lubricant with engraving belts shot @ 4000fps to kill deer, just proven performers, Interlocks and Partitions.

Are you sure you meant 2850?
I think 2845 may be more suitable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
300 H&H has posted a whining bit about this post. I gave him a couple hours to contemplate it, but will shortcut for his benefit. My post was in jest, because as any experienced hunter knows, bullet performance can't be nailed down to the nearest 10 fps.

There it is. 300 H&H, you can relax now.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
.270 130 grain Hornady Interbond

Posts: 27 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 3584ELK
posted Hide Post
4t1mag: Where in the world did you find a stash of BBC's? I have a few laying around, but I thought he was out of production long ago.

quote:
Originally posted by 4t1mag:
Bitterroot Bonded Core:.270, 130 gr. and
.35 Whelen 250 gr. thumb

Merkel 140A- .470NE
Beretta Vittoria- 12 Ga.
J.P. Sauer & Sohn Type B- 9.3x64mm
ArmaLite AR-10A4- 7.62x51mm
Franchi Highlander- 12 Ga.
Marlin 1894 CB Limited- .41 Magnum
Remington 722- .244 Rem.
and many, many more.

An honest man learns to keep his horse saddled.

Posts: 597 | Location: Lake Andes, SD | Registered: 15 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Last i talked with Bill,He was still producing
some Calibers.Dont know if he stopped.
I have the Bitterroots,because at the time.I was
able to buy a good quanity of them,And also
from time to time,Bill gets back Bullets,in Trade
for other calibers..Really Kills me to see all
the big Companies cashing in on the Bonded-Bullet theme,like they thought up the idea.
I feel,Bill never gets the proper credit that is due Him. I remember talking with Him,regarding a Company that wanted to buy him out.And use his Idea on a big scale.However,they
did not seem to want to pay-up for it.I hope
someone takes over for bill,so that we will not
lose the quality of his work,Yeah,they were
expensive..But they Work.

Posts: 714 | Location: CT | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I shoot several hunting rifles and I shoot them a lot trying to be ready for that shot of a lifetime. Below .25 Caliber it might be Nosler Partition, Barnes TSX, or whatever shoots with the most accuracy in my rifle. From .277 up it would be North Forks, Nosler Partition, Barnes TSX and X's, Swift A-Frame, in that order of preference. Usually the North Forks are head and shoulders above the others, but each rifle has it's own personality, and will tell me it's likes if I shoot it enough. wave Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All
Recently Midway had a sale on FailSafe bullets in 270,7mm,338,375 and they sold out these bulked packs very fast.. The 7mm in hours..I tried to get some a when i found out they were gone i ask how long they lasted..
These bullets are very popular and i know why. and so do Sheep, Elk, Moose, Grizz etc..
Now all you guys how use them speak up.. Spread the word.. Brothers
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Magnum61
posted Hide Post
In this order:

Barnes (ANYTHING), Swift Scirocco, Nosler Partition......anything after that.

-Everybody has a dream hunt, mine just happens to be for a Moose.-

-The 30-06 is like a perfect steak next to a campfire, a .300 Win Mag is the same but with mushrooms and a baked potato-

Posts: 277 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 08 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AI22-250
posted Hide Post
For my 22-250 50-55gr Sierra, for the 22-250AI 52-60gr Hornadays.

For my 243win 70gr. TNT coyotes, 100gr. Sierra Spitzer for Deer.

For my 270win on coyotes, 70gr TNT Speer, just in the off season, not much left.....

For my 270win on Mule Deer - 130gr BTSP Sierra, it has accounted for more than 30 animals.

For Elk with my 270win 140gr Barnes

For Deer with my 308win, 150gr. Nosler balistic tip.
For Elk with my 308win 165gr. Nosler Part.

Loading for my friends 300 Weatherby -- Deer and Elk -- 165gr. Grand Slam, Speer

Others depending on time of year, temp, etc.

Posts: 289 | Location: Holladay,UT (SLC) | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
243 hmmmm 100 grain Hornady interlok
6.5x55 140 grain Hornady interlok
270 150 grain Hornady interlok
7x57 160 grain Sierra Gameking
308 and 30-06 150 grain Speer Hotcor spitzer

Leftists are intellectually vacant, but there is no greater pleasure than tormenting the irrational.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my 7mm-08, I use Speer 145 Grn SP HotCor @ 2,850 FPS when hunting fields & open areas and the Hornady 154 Grn RN @ 2,750 FPS when hunting the woods.

firstshot
---------------------------
Make your first shot count!

Posts: 213 | Location: North West Arkansas | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady Spire Points - just pick your caliber and weight.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornady for practice and Partition for hunting for all my rifles.

I have heard a lot of good words on TSX and have ordered a box of 200gr for my 300WM to try out for the 2006 moose hunt.

Danny

Posts: 157 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Texasnimrod1960
posted Hide Post
.270 - 130 gr Hornady Interlock SP
7x57 - 139 gr Hornady Interlock SP
7mm RM - 154 gr Hornady Interlock SP
30-06 - 165 gr Hornady interlock SP

All of the above listed bullets are flat-base not boat-tails.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

one of us
posted Hide Post
180 grain Nosler Partitions from a .300 Win Mag.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk1:
MV below 2850fps-Hornady Interlock SPs
MV above 2850fps-Nosler Partitions

What BlackHawk1 said plus I have had good results on whitetails with Rem CLSP's.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote