Notify
Tools

Wyoming applications due
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Non-resident; elk,sheep,moose,Mt.goat,buffalo

Resident; sheep,moose,Mt.goat and buff

I believe non-res elk and all buff apps have to in by the end of January.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks ravenr -

I think the Nonresident elk is due on Jan 31.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Points only applications are not due till later. But check to make sure.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MOA - That's true, only if you want to apply for a tag, do you have to apply now. Since I took a 351" bull in Nov. 2011, I'm applying now.

Good luck to all!!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The hunts I used to try for are all gone. Area 55 & 56 late. Drew 55 the first year I tried and have tried every year since. Now with the wolf situation (and other factors too) they don't even offer this hunt.

Zinfandel and venison are GOOD!

Posts: 51 | Location: Mendocino County California | Registered: 26 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Non Resident Hunting Guidelines

Preference points only are Jul 15 to Sep 30.

I am doing points for sheep, moose, antelope, deer and elk.

Plus sheep, antelope, elk, mule deer and goats in Arizona, Utah, Washington and Nevada for points only.

I'll be overseas until 2014. Hopefully then I can have a good tags for deer, elk and antelope.

The old man has 12 moose points and 9 sheep points. He can have a moose tag in 2012 if he wants one, but probably has 6 or 7 more sheep points left.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not arriving in Wyoming until 1/30/12 and will be traveling between now and then. I think I will do points this year and then start putting in for hunts in 2013.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Lhook7,

I'd do points for everything. I wish there was points for mountain goats, but Wyoming doesn't have a lot of goats to begin with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Resident buffalo, sheep, moose, goat are not due until Feb. 28.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I always put in for their sheep but I do ask myself with their odds - why?

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
Ide,

someone has to win!

I know lots of people that have 20 points and have not drawn. Some folks have 30, but I don't personally know any of them.

If you want a desert bighorn and don't have $50,000 to blow on one it's a good deal.

Even if you use an outfitter you should be under $7500 for one.

And if you just take 2 weeks of vacation and hunt hard you'll shoot one too.

Up to you.