THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Utah hunting guide faces felony charge for Donald Trump Jr.’s big-game hunt
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Utah hunting guide faces felony charge for Donald Trump Jr.’s big-game hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherhunter:
Millard County case is set for preliminary hearing on 11/2 at 1:30 pm.

Carbon County case was set for preliminary hearing on 10/19 at 1:30 pm. I haven't bothered to check into how that went.

I didn't have any luck with the Carbon County courts. Should you learn of anything, please let us know.

AS a side note, his son weas severely injured in a freak accident in a softball game. He has some permanent injuries. I'll leave it at that.

Posts: 11987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherhunter:
Millard County case is set for preliminary hearing on 11/2 at 1:30 pm.

Carbon County case was set for preliminary hearing on 10/19 at 1:30 pm. I haven't bothered to check into how that went.

I didn't have any luck with the Carbon County courts. Should you learn of anything, please let us know.

AS a side note, his son weas severely injured in a freak accident in a softball game. He has some permanent injuries. I'll leave it at that.

That's unfortunate to hear about his son.

As for the Carbon County case, the judge determined there was probable cause to move the case forward to trial.

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any update on this?

Posts: 11987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only that we’re all non-binary

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://www.justice.gov/enrd/p...ile/1566426/download

United States v. Wade Lemon, et al., No. 4:22-CR-00122 (D. Utah), AU~ Ruth
Hackerd-Peer and ~U~ Ben Willoughby.

On November 2. 2022. prosecutors filed an indictment charging Wade Lemon and
Kasey Yardley with conspiracy, violating the Lacey Act. and Utah state regulations for
participating in il legal cougar hunts (18 U.S.C. § 371. 2; 16 U.S.C. §§ 3372(a)(l )(A). (a)(2)
(A). 3373(d)(l )(B)).

Lemon worked as a licensed big game outfitter and offered services in Utah. Yardley
worked for Lemon as a cougar hunting guide and houndsman. Lemon sold guiding services
for cougar hunts for between $5,000 and $7,000 per hunt with Yardley often leading as
houndsmen.
Utah strictly regulates the means by which cougars may be lawfully captured. killed.
or collected. For example. Utah law prohibits the practice of "canned" hunts. Canned hunts
are defined as "when a cougar is treed. cornered. held at bay or its ability to escape is
otherwise restricted to allow a person who was not a member of the initial hunting party to
arrive and take the cougar." Utah law also requires that a hunter participate in a hunt from
start to finish if using dogs to pursue a cougar.

Between November 2020 through March 2021. defendants provided illegal guiding
services by, among other things: conducting "canned hunts" on Bureau of Land
Management (SLM) land; conducting hunts on SLM land without proper permits;
conducting hunts for out-of-state hunters; and facilitating the transportation of an illegally
caught cougar pelt out of the state.
The Utah Attorney General's Office and the U.S. Forest Service conducted the
investigation.

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9374 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sounds like new charges. Federal this time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an update?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone have an update on this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a thing. With Utah, it does not surprise me.

Posts: 2641 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why are certain individuals here so worried about this stuff? And want everyone else to spoon feed them information. Bizarre.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Why are certain individuals here so worried about this stuff? And want everyone else to spoon feed them information. Bizarre.

If you are referring to me, it’s be because I have known Wade for over 30 years. I am interested in what is happening.

I ask because I have found nothing of late. I thought that perhaps someone might know something I did not find.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
You’ve known Wade for 30 years and can’t call and ask him direct?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

In my opinion that would be incredibly rude to do so.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:

You don't get invited to many things do you?

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my opinion that would be incredibly rude to do so.

You think he or his family would rather see someone they’ve known for 30 years inquiring/gossiping about it on line?

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
You don't get invited to many things do you?

I’m actually going to a sizeable bash tonight where I am the guest of honor. But no, I don’t. rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you are referring to me, it’s be because I have known Wade for over 30 years. I am interested in what is happening.

I ask because I have found nothing of late. I thought that perhaps someone might know something I did not find.

Ask him then. If you know him so well. If I knew someone for that long I most certainly wouldn’t be making a scene about him online.

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ask him then. If you know him so well. If I knew someone for that long I most certainly wouldn’t be making a scene about him online.

If making an inquiry about a new article posted by someone else is a “scene”, we have a different connotation.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t take much today that if you’re successful, someone might be envious and call Game department and shit show starts
Hearsay is one of the worst culprits in so called game violations
Not that I would defend anyone, just a caution for us hunters…don’t put your stuff on FB or any other public displays bc someone might accuse you of something inappropriate and then it will cost you dearly
And I’m not trying to defend game violators
Just a cautionary tale as states have unlimited resources, we don’t

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
Doesn’t take much today that if you’re successful, someone might be envious and call Game department and shit show starts
Hearsay is one of the worst culprits in so called game violations
Not that I would defend anyone, just a caution for us hunters…don’t put your stuff on FB or any other public displays bc someone might accuse you of something inappropriate and then it will cost you dearly
And I’m not trying to defend game violators
Just a cautionary tale as states have unlimited resources, we don’t

I think you are correct. I had a situation at my ranch.

The neighbor to the south had a guest who was involved in a custody battle with his ex. She reported some alleged violations. The neighbor to the north definitely violated the gator hunting law. I was in the middle .

They set up a massive sting on me . They found nothing .

All started by an angry ex wife .