New
Find
Notify
Tools

So What are You Drinking Tonight?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just finished my evening with a wee dram o' Prime Malt 15year old single malt. Very nice straight up with water on the side. Ku-dude

one of us
posted Hide Post
Corn bread and buttermilk, the nectare of the Gods.....

Posts: 42136 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

Tonight I'm drinking a tall glass of dihydrogen monoxide (water), but if I had my choice, it would be gin and lemon bitters. Once you start drinking lemon bitters, you realize it's even better than a gin and tonic.

Tanqueray is my gin of choice. Much better than the swill on the bottom shelf of the liquor store.

If I have to drink a beer, I usually take a Coors in a yellow can or a Tafel.

Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
I'm having a nice cold Miller Lite [Smile]

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well tonight it's a few very tall glasses of water. And like another poster bathroom trips are prevallent.

If I am after beer, I prefer nothingles than Sam Adams Lager, but the Cream Stout is my favorite.
I like reds and darks that are so dark that if you hold the bottle up to the light you can't see the other side. Gordon Biersch makes a fine brew where it can be had and mixed with Garlic fries...wonderful.

For the potent stuff...Vodka and as long as it didn't come from a plastic bottle, and cost less than $16 I am not too picky. There are af few wonderful rock guts floating around that I like, but rarely partake.

I am still cultivating a proper appreciation for whisky and bourbon, and will rarely refuse if offered, but since I don't drink too often I, admittedly, am not a conniseur

Posts: 257 | Location: Long Beach | Registered: 25 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR:
Gin and tonic with Bombay Sapphire gin. Mighty tasty!! [Smile]

I am with you there, JR! But it have to be the real thing: Schweppes Indian Tonic Water.

The alternative is a nice malt, perhaps a Bowmore, with a wee drop of water.

The last nightcap however, before going to bed, will always be a large glass of cold milk!

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<ovis>
posted
Right now, I kind of like Steinlager(NZ) with the evening meal. Later? Booker Noe.

Joe

one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
For a beer i chose the German brand Holsten and when it�s time for the malt I agree with Marterius that the Bowmore could be a nice one.

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
This was not a good topic to read before lunch!

When I got out of the office I suddenly felt the urge for refreshing drink. Since I was going to drive that was not a good combination. [Mad] ( [Big Grin] )

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mixing something with rum? What a concept!
I like rum, a la brandy, room temp and straight up.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TERRY8mm,

If you are talking the Santa Teresa 1796 that has the bottle packaged in the blue cardboard tube, I'll agree with you. ST 1796 is my choice behind Cacique 500.

Regular Santa Teresa doesn't do much for me. I would rather drink Selecto.

Posts: 13857 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I mostly hunt in cold weather so Irish coffee is the thing. Otherwise any of the cheaper single malts (McClelland) makes a mighty satisying finishing touch on dinner.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I very rarely drink alcohol -- maybe two or three times a year -- and also don't drink soft drinks because I'm trying to avoid unnecessary sugar, and since I'm also minimizing caffeine, I'm reduced to drinking coffee made from two parts of decaffeinated Colombian and one part Folger's hazelnut. (I don't really like hazelnut in my coffee, but my wife likes it and I made it for her.) Later on I'll probably make a herbal tea, one with mint, or chamomile, or rosehips and lemon, or some such. [Frown]

[ 11-20-2002, 05:26: Message edited by: LE270 ]

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikelravy:
I mostly hunt in cold weather so Irish coffee is the thing. Otherwise any of the cheaper single malts (McClelland) makes a mighty satisying finishing touch on dinner.

I once made the mistake of ordering Irish coffee at a bar in Scotland. The reply from the landlord was very stern: "We have no bloody Irish Coffee here, sir. But you are welcome to order a ghillie's coffee".
Point taken! [Smile]

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thats the deal, Kensco.When we come home ,I have everyone on the crew stick a bottle in their luggage, the stuff is dirt cheap.

I picked up the rum habit in Brasil, where , unless you want to pay $30.00 for a pint of JACK, there is no good whiskey. You normally can find a good rum on any island or 6 hours up the amazon

Ever try to drink cachacha(sp)Its that solvent the Brazilians make from the spent mash from rum making. They crush an entire lime in a glass, add about 4 spoons of sugar, 2 ice cubes and cover the mess with about 2 shots.

They call it a caiprainha, its cheap, its booze and it cures kills the local version of the trots.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've had Caipirinha with Cachaca, but don't much like it as a rule.

I was in Bahia and Rio earlier this year. Every time I get to Rio , I like it better. I was staying at the Meridian on Copacabana. Hard to beat when you're on expense account.

I'd like to go back next year for vacation. It's civilized compared to Venezuela. Right now we are staying out of Caracas until things settle down, or blow up.

Posts: 13857 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote