Notify
Tools

So What are You Drinking Tonight?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted
I haven't seen this question come up in awhile, so I thought I'd ask [Smile]

I'm drinking Gosling's Black Seal rum. It's darker and sweeter than any other rum I've tasted. With ice and a little lime, it cannot be beat.

(Althouhg my Irish side would be just as happy with a glass of Black Bush.) [Big Grin]

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
16 Mista Pibbs. I gotta P. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1346 | Location: NE | Registered: 03 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Green Tea.

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
After things are done for the day a sipping glass of PETRON Tequila (Gold)is about as good as it gets.

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
<heavy varmint>
posted
Budweiser, circa 10-14-02 [Wink]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clan McGregor scotch, your Lordship.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Amber Bock after sorting, sizing, tumbling a bunch of brass and loading some test 8X57 loads for a mudder gun I have. I also had to get in turning a couple of pins for two guns that were not acting right!
LouisB

Posts: 4258 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
<memtb>
posted
Lipton Tea with lemon! -memtb

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Since I had plenty of time to wait while I reloaded windows on my computer, a tall glass with 2 teabags and boiling water to 3/4 inch from the top, then squeeze 1/3 lemon, 2 tablespoons sugar, and when it is cool enough to touch top off with whiskey.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A bottle of Grolsch when I got home from work. Vin ordinaire cabernet savignon with dinner and reading in bed.

I have part of a bottle of Black Seal here that a friend left with me. Gawd, it is wonderful stuff.

Posts: 207 | Location: Nicolet National Forest, WI, USA | Registered: 21 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drink Milo.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If I'm drinking, a Dos Equis amber beer or several after work.

Before dinner, a Tangueray No. 10 martini, slightly wet, rocks, with multiple good olives, sometimes with jalapeno stuffing if I'm feeling adventurous.

After dinner, for conversational purposes, either some decent cognac....not too decent, I have Scottish ancestors.....or some of my remaining supply of Old Ezra 15 year old 101 bourbon, no longer made, more's the pity, however the 7 year old is very drinkable as well...with a diet coke on the side.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
6:15 AM and I'm having Tropicana Orange Juice aged in the carton for 6 days and a cup of Millstone Coffee, French Vanilla since I decided to not to work today. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
 -

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pecos;

That reminds me of a 'True Story'
[Big Grin]

An Irishman, an Italian, and a Polish guy are in a bar. They are having a
good time and all agree that the bar is a nice place.

Then the Irishman says, "Aye, this is a great bar, but where I come from,
back in Dublin, there's a BETTER one. At McDougall's, you buy a drink, you
buy another drink, and McDougall himself will buy your third drink!"

The others agree that sounds like a great place.Then the Italian says,
"Yeah, that's a great bar, but where I come from, there's a BETTER one. Over
in Brooklyn, there's this place, Vinnie's. At Vinnie's, you buy a drink,
Vinnie buys you a drink. You buy anudda drink, Vinnie buys you anudda
drink."

Everyone agrees that sounds like a great bar.Then the Polish guy says, "YOU
THINK THAT'S GREAT???? Where I come from, there's this place
called Warshowski's. At Warshowski's, they buy you your first drink, they
buy you your second drink, they buy you your third drink, and then, they
take you in the back and get you laid!" "Wow!" say the other two.
"That's fantastic! Did that actually happen to you?" "No", replies the
Polish guy, "but it happened to my sister."

-

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Me,my buddy Jim Beam,and a Becks
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
<Fuzz>
posted
A glass of Guinness with dinner.
Fuzz

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I'm sitting at a table, being nice, probably a Frangelico on the rocks. If I'm sitting anywhere else, probably some version of a Cuba Libre with Ron Medellin Super Anejo or Cacique 500.

Posts: 13859 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Water usualy. Sometime Dr Pepper. I had some Budweiser at the pre season set up at the hunting camp this weekend.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yards India Pale Ale.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If it is supplied by a friend, Crown Royal with real Coke. If I buy for myself, it's Seagram's V.O., which to my taste is identical.

For occasions when a brewed beverage is appropriate, any locally-brewed amber ale will do. Here in Central Texas, Rio Blanco Pale Ale suffices, while in a broader sphere Anchor Steam would be my choice. Failing that, Samuel Adams will get me by.

Sometimes, however, I am with friends who are drinking Budweiser. On those occasions, I'll just drink bottled water, since if they aren't drinking beer I don't feel I should, either.

[ 11-18-2002, 20:26: Message edited by: Stonecreek ]

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pecos,

Being from Utah, we drink St. Provo Girl. [Eek!]

-

It's a good beer and a nice little jab and the ultra-conservative Mormon folks in Provo Utah. [Big Grin]
Ingrid may be from Provo but she "aint no saint" [Wink]

Regards,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
<phurley>
posted
In Kentucky it is done this way. Everyday -- Jim Beam -- Weekends -- Makers Mark -- Big celebrations -- Woodford Reserve. I might add they are all Kentucky Straight Bourbons, unblended and each standing on it's own legs. [Cool] [Wink] Good drinking.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aberlour 18 Yr. Old Single Malt on the rocks with Ken Waters' Pet Loads. Don't get much better than that! :-)

[ 11-18-2002, 21:59: Message edited by: Shark Bait ]

Posts: 487 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams seven year old 90 proof straight Kentucky Bourbon.

Posts: 915 | Location: Breckenridge, TX, USA | Registered: 24 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Actually I'm at work but if I was home Id have a tall glass of Elijah Graig bourbon cut slightly with water or ginger ale.
JL Gosling's is also very good with a little pineapple juice.
Come to think of it I still have a little "recipe" left over from the bowhunting trip to western KY.
Dave

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
Usually a Boodles and tonic with a lime slice.

Posts: 1975 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
O my God the Kerosene clan is back, you know the high doller malt likker bunch that dranks that stuff aged in peat moss, then there is that Cactus juice that I was raised on, that folks shine to..

Now if you want a kick in the a$$ try a half a glass of Sotol for effect, not taste, it doesn't even taste good AFTER your drunk.

About 15 or 20 years ago I turned to Ice Tea, a decision I have never regretted, but I still pull a cork from time to time in hunting camp..A nice gin and 7 UP with lime is nice and an ocassional glass of wine or even a harvey wallbanger or a few stright shots of whiskey or perhaps a Castle beer or perhaps a dozen castle beers or 10 or 12 gin and tonics, where am I...well my intentions were good. [Wink]

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<Mats>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Shark Bait:
Aberlour 18 Yr. Old Single Malt on the rocks with Ken Waters' Pet Loads. Don't get much better than that! :-)

Great whisky, but why kill the taste with ice? Room temperature water and room temperature water alone shall and will be added to any whisky served to me...

And oh yeah, I drank Apotekarnes Julmust. The best there is.

-- Mats

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek - I'll drink with you any time.

Kensco - Who the hell are Ron Medellin, Super Anejo or Cacique 500? Are these some of the guys you work with down there in the Argentine? [Confused]

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Pecos - I think they're Argentinian race car drivers [Smile]

R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A frosty bottle of Fosters (It's Australian for beer, mate). Although this bottle says it's union made in Canada! Go figure.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm my choice on crisp nights is Virginia Gentelman, or three fingers of Wild turkey

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onefunzr2:
A frosty bottle of Fosters (It's Australian for beer, mate). Although this bottle says it's union made in Canada! Go figure.

Actually XXXX is how Queenslanders spell beer. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gin and tonic with Bombay Sapphire gin. Mighty tasty!! [Smile]

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Doc in Texas>
posted
About 3 frozen Rites,before breaking hand now it is Tea and Diet coke.

Doc in Texas

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JLHeard:
I'm drinking Gosling's Black Seal rum. It's darker and sweeter than any other rum I've tasted.

Absolutely the best rum ever!

Goes good with DrPepper!

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wise guys.

"Ron" is the word for "rum" in Spanish. Ron Medellin is from Medellin, Colombia. Super Anejo is super aged. It is probably the best rum in the world. (You just have to risk getting kidnapped to get any.)

The Cacique 500 is a Venezuelan rum. Not the most expensive here, but the best. It will make you pour Jamaican, Trinidadian and Puerto Rican rums down the drain. ("Cacique" is the word used for "Chief" by the Venezuelan Indians.)

Posts: 13859 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KENSCO, you're right, Cacique is good but, while working in Punto Fijo, I developed a taste for SANTA TERESA, very good Venezuelan rum.

The comment about kidknapping is too close for comfort, as Jeffe for our companies Latin and South American projects, I have been under PDVSA security protection 2 times in the last 4 years, what a joke, I can usually loose them in about 20-30 blocks.

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but does it mix well with Dr. Pepper? And I guess the real test, if you are out of Dr. Pepper and there isn't an Allsup's nearby, does it manage with Mr. Pibb? A good rum will cover up an inferior mixer....

Posts: 1646 | Location: Euless, TX | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote