THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If you are AD at Ft Carson and looking for a place to hunt, read this

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you are AD at Ft Carson and looking for a place to hunt, read this
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have 55 acres of land near Bonanza that has access to Nat Forest and a slice of BLM land. Public land is landlocked so access is pretty limited.

If you are on active duty and looking for a place to hunt, you can PM me. I saw a really nice mule deer on our property last month. I know there is elk in the area, but I can't offer any hunting tips, because I have never hunted it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Super nice gesture, and thank you for your support.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
We have 55 acres of land near Bonanza that has access to Nat Forest and a slice of BLM land. Public land is landlocked so access is pretty limited.

If you are on active duty and looking for a place to hunt, you can PM me. I saw a really nice mule deer on our property last month. I know there is elk in the area, but I can't offer any hunting tips, because I have never hunted it.

Nice off my friend!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on you! Thoughtful and generous. Even inspirational.

Posts: 939 | Location: Grants Pass, OR | Registered: 24 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a fantastic offer. I was fortunate enough to be welcomed to hunt out in Virginia when I was stationed on the east coast. Now 25 years later I have 3 generations of great, life long friends. It is amazing how people can connect in the game fields. I never would have imagined that Iron Gate Virginia would become one of my favorite places on earth.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Real nice of you. tu2

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, but I would rather get one soldier to take me up than a hundred more thank yous.

If you had the land, you would probably do the same thing. This costs me nothing.

A point of clarification: our land borders the forest, but there is no access available to the general public unless they get access from a neighbor. The guy to my right put his land in a conservation easement and the owner to my left is absentee like me.

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Wish more people like you would open doors. That's an incredible offer for a service member. I served with a few from Ft. Carson but, they have since moved on. Hopefully someone from the Forum and put the word out. Unfortunately my connections are dwindling since retiring from the service in 09'.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
PM on the way

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I am also retired, that is a great offer. Finding a place to hunt was difficult to say the least.

Then you'd end up deploying to Afghan or Iraq and never get to go anyway. I only spent 3 or 4 hunting seasons in America in 20 years.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Too bad I retired especially since I'm still a CO resident.

Posts: 1351 | Location: CO born, but in Athens, TX now. | Registered: 03 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BWW and TommyII:

Waiting to hear from Matt's son, but if you are interested, let me know. Dibs to Matt's son right now...

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I am waiting to hear if we are moving overseas, back to Wyoming, or someplace else. I have not applied or bought any tags anywhere this year based on that.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great offer. I'm retired also, but this will be my first year hunting Colorado. We spent the last 6 1/2 years overseas, so it's been a while since I've hunted and I'm ready! And my 16 year old son will get to experience his first hunt this year also. He's finishing up his hunter safety course this week.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 421 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote