New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-typical coyote
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There was sooo much snow here in SE Colorado this winter that even the coyotes turned white. Actually, this one is from December 2005 but it took until today to get it back from the taxidermist.

[/IMG]

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

Posts: 263 | Location: SE Colorado | Registered: 24 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And the other side. Couldn't combine them in one post for some reason. (user error...)
[URL= ]

Don't let so much reality into your life that there's no room left for dreaming.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is beautiful... I wonder just how often a true albino gets completely grown. You are a lucky man!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cool yote

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice. what a treasure.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
The only hard part was waiting for the white Buffalo to move and allow a clear shot! Roll Eyes

Wow what a unique trophy... very special. cheers

It amazes me that this Coyote was ableto hunt successfully without snow cover... must have been a special dog. Well done, and a most beautiful mount befitting the splendid animal.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful!!

Never seen a albino coyote before. I'd like to see him in person sometime IF you're willing and anywhere near here, please let me know ok?

You get over to Cortez, there's a sporting goods store on the northside of the street with a number of white and mixed colored deer. Well worth the time to stop in for the look.

Wonder why this dogs nose is white and not pink too. Looks like his eye's were. That's even more rare I'd think.

Take special care of this fine animal so it'll last. I do hope whoever tanned the hide did a good job of it. I've seen too many self tanned hides from taxidermists doing it that rot within five yrs. Sure hope this one don't.

I've seen such a large percentage of bad tan's that anything I do will be done at a tannery after I do the fleshing. Then I'll pay them extra to go over it til it clean. That's the only way to make 'em last a long time.

Even Dad's moose and caribou done by the best there was: Jona's Brothers in Seattle have rotted.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That's nice, real nice. Congrats!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
VERY nice Plainview.. Such a unique animal and an excellent mount...

Gongrats !!!

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
good pics.....looking forward to seeing it in person. How do the dog and cat like it ?

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is way cool! going with the full mount on the natural scene pedestal was a great choice. I like the whole package.

How about a quick re-cap of the hunt, rifle you used etc.?

Congrats--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
That is neat!! Mother nature in action there.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
"Snowball!! Here Snowball!!!!, C'mon boy where'd you go !!!!!"...................

BOOM........Blop.............. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Warbird
posted Hide Post
That looks amazing. Wow..

-Jamie

Posts: 50 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My son was the one who shot this interesting critter, not me. I was deer hunting and he had just come along for company. He shot it with a a 30.06. (ALWAYS use enough gun...!) The taxidermist did a marvelous job of patching the exit wound. The eyes and nose were both pink on the carcass..and still are on the mount. The flash just washed them out a little.

It must be realistic...the dog just stares at it and growls. Same with the cat...all fluffed up and hissing.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinner.:
"Snowball!! Here Snowball!!!!, C'mon boy where'd you go !!!!!"...................

Eeker clap

A really beautiful animal, and looks like a nice job from your Taxi guy.

Thanks for sharing, and good on your son!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Plainview, Congratulations to your son on a remarkable Trophy.

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plainview:
It must be realistic...the dog just stares at it and growls. Same with the cat...all fluffed up and hissing.

Must be a female cat Wink

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very cool!!!

I've never seen an albino, but I saw a completely black coyote up by Craig a couple years ago while I was elk hunting. Took me a few seconds to realize what I was looking at and by then it was headed towards Wyoming at high gear. And as anyone that has seen a coyote in high gear can attest, it was flat out moving and dodging through the sage brush. Never got off a shot. Frowner

It would have made a great looking mount just like you albino does. Congrats to your son for making the shot when it needed to be done. I wish I had my opportunity on the black one to do over, but gone is gone.

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The taxidermist who did this mount--Jerry Vinnola, Canon City, Colorado (Big Timber South Taxidermy) also has a black coyote in his studio. I think he took a few photos of the B&W pair together.

One of Us
Picture of Snowball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skinner.:

You talkin' to me? Wink

Mtoto wa mwindaji alifuatana na baba yake mpaka mawindoni [The hunter's child followed his father to the hunting grounds]

Posts: 42 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Very cool...

Mike

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10059 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.. the old country myth about killing white-coloured game and an untimely death, is that one around on this continent as well?

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote