THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wyoming Wilderness Area Elk Hunts questions.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Wilderness Area Elk Hunts questions.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted
It looks like I am going to be getting my special education teaching certificate in Wyoming through an online school somewhere else. Nothing like being 40 and starting over again in life.

I am a Wyoming native, and have tons of family there so we have a good infrastructure of support there (wife loves that).

Anyway our family used to hunt Union Pass for elk, but the place is almost at plague proportions infested with people now.

I grew up with horses and we are looking at getting some Norwegian Fjords and hunting either the Wind River, Shoshone or Hoback wilderness areas.

As these are all general season no-draw for resident elk areas, but the beautiful caveat is that you have to walk in or go in horseback.

The 2nd question is I am active duty military and want to re-establish Wyoming as my residence for when I retire, can I fly home this Fall, get a drivers license, register to vote, and start getting mail at my parents house since I have the intent to return to Wyoming and I am stationed overseas?

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You better call the G&F. bewilderedIf you have established residency elswhere, the ball game changed. Had you been active military since you left, and never established residency, you would still be a resident. One of my sons was in 6 years, never changed residency and even though he is now out, his wife is still in the military, he legally maintains Wyoming residency. Let us know when you find out.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
residency rules are that you LIVE continuously
for 1 year in the state.
but you may be able to change it now in your
discharge paperwork, would give you legal
residency

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cant help you out but I sent you a PM....

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I talked to the Wyo-G&F.

Ok, I have to physically be in Wyoming before hunting residency takes place, for one year.

Doesn't matter if I get a drivers license, register to vote, register cars nothing. It's the physical establishment and maintenace of a residence.

I was out of the military and lived in Alaska at the time, when I re-entered the military a couple years later from Alaska any ties I had from Wyoming got washed away like the rain.

According to the lady I talked to this afternoon.

My 2nd cousin is a State Attorney there. I'll ask him to double check for me.

Posts: 955 | Location: Until I am back North of 60. | Registered: 07 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MOA TACTICAL
posted Hide Post
I'll be overseas until the end of the year next year.

But it doesn't matter I'll start my stuff up and play the rules. It's not worth it to me to beat the system.