Find
Notify
Tools

Boddington's new book
 Login/Join

Picture of T.Carr
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

A link to Boddington's new book. It appears to be similar to Robertson's The Perfect Shot for African game.

New Book

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry,

I just got mine and frankly, I was dissapointed. The Robertson book is VERY well done, this one is similar but does not have the same detail. He covered some species such as wolves,walruses(??)muskox and a few others that few if any of us will EVER hunt. Almost as if he needed to add some FILLER to the book.
Yet on deer,bear and elk he could have added so much MORE. It could have been much better. No agenda here . Hell I'm a Boddington fan. I just expected MORE.

For $40 plus shipping I would save my money.

FN in MT

[ 12-22-2002, 09:32: Message edited by: Frank Nowakowski ]

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got it but had a question about the "cutaway" illustrations -- did the deer lungs look kind of small to anyone else?

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Frank:

From a guy who is a fan of Boddington's and probably would have spent the money he doesn't have in the first place simply because it's a "Boddington" book... thanks for, well, being "frank," Frank -- and saving me the money.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To expand on my earlier comments -- I actually like the book but do question the artwork. Look at the pictures of whitetails (say, p.30) and compare with the photo of a deer cut in half in Richard Smith's "Tracking Wounded Deer."

In the newer book, lungs are shown as filling only he top 2/3 of the rib cage; in the photo they go all the way to the bottom, enclosing both sides of the heart.

John

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote
<Chigger>
posted
I have the Robertson's book in my library, and don't feel the need for the Generals book to take up shelf space. [Eek!]