THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Other than me and Bill DB, how many Lazzeroni Shooters

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Other than me and Bill DB, how many Lazzeroni Shooters
 Login/Join

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I have a 8.59 Galaxy built on a Rem 700, 23 inch Hart # 4 taper fluted, Leupold 2.5x8, H&S detachable box, and stock.

Will shoot both Hornady's 200s and Nosler Partitions in under .33 MOA with the full loads of h4350.

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

one of us
posted Hide Post
Couple of factory Lazzeronis for sale on www.gunbrokers.com looks like a good price considering what a new one goes for.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Ross Spagrud>
posted
I shoot a 7.21 Tomahawk with 150 grain
Nosler Partitions. Works great!!

Ross

www.prairiegunworks.com

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I guess we are the enlightened...

------------------
MED

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike....I always try to bring a little joy and sunshine into the lives of others.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Hoghead>
posted
I shoot a "Warbird". I load my own 180gr Barnes XLC and 103gr of RL25. Worked GREAT on the moose I shot and both the whitetail and mulie this year. I've got the Sako TRGS. I love this weapon! It's a real huckelberry!!!

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
What's a huckleberry?

<heavy varmint>
posted
Doc Holiday said he was

one of us
posted Hide Post
A rasberry (kinda).

<sure-shot>
posted
Mike, what kind of modifications were done on your 700 in order to accomodate the 8.59 Galaxy? Sounds like a real winner! Thanks, sure-shot

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Actually not a lot.

1. Open up the bolt face and Sako extractor - there is not a lot left when they are done

2. Minor work on the rails

3. Minor work on the box magazine. Combination of bending and stoning.

------------------
MED

[This message has been edited by Mike Dettorre (edited 12-10-2001).]

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Hoghead,
What kind of velocity are you getting? What is your impression of the muzzle blast? How adjustable is the trigger on the Sako?
Thanks.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Mike,

I have a 7.21 Firehawk, an 8.59 Saturn and a 9.53 from Lazzeroni.

They all shoot extremely well, and John Lazzeroni is a pleasure to deal with.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66975 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Roger,

I do not have a Sako, mine is on a Rem 700.

Muzzle blast is not no worse than any other magnum.

I can get 2950 out of my 23" bbl with Nosler 210's in my 8.59 (.338) Galaxy (Short Action).

Other powders are capable of more but H4350 works very well in this rifle.

------------------
MED

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi.
I was looking at the "8,59 Titan" for a while, but found out that it is quite risky to build a rifle with that chambering here in Norway. I belive that Lazzeroni brass can be hard to find if something goes wrong with the company. It's hard to get Lazz. brass as is. It's a shame, because I would like to try them out.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<sure-shot>
posted
Mike,
Impressive to say the least!

<Hoghead>
posted
Roger,
3580fps and the muzzle blast is just like Mike says. No worse than other magnums. And a huckleberry is a "good" thing.

[This message has been edited by Hoghead (edited 12-11-2001).]

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Somebody said Wayne Van Zwoll (sp?) shoots a 8.59 galaxy.

------------------
MED

[This message has been edited by Mike Dettorre (edited 12-12-2001).]

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
If anybody wants to see the Rem 700, its on the Lazzeroni Website go to customer results.

It slaying on a bushbuck. BTW...DB Bill is at the bottom of the web page

Mike

------------------
MED

one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
Hoghead, 3580fps is smokin' bey-beh!! I wouldn't want to shoot anything too close with that.
I wish Sako made a set trigger. I like set triggers.
Looking at the velocity of the .338 Laz I was wondering if someone was going to build a rifle of this intensity to just make a .338 A-Square. Only from the advantage being walking into any well-stocked sportings goods store and pick up a box of .338-378/.378/.416/.460 Weath. brass to form.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote