THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Repeatability of Echol's scope mounts

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Repeatability of Echol's scope mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I figured I'd share a little experience that happened today. I've been working for D'Arcy since last summer and of course one of the neatest things about his rifles are the scope mounts. D'Arcy had been telling me about how you could take a scope off and on and it would be right on still. Well I believed him but hadn't seen it for myself. And then Chuck related one of the stories of this happening to one of D'Arcy's clients on safari and so I tested it for myself today. I've been shooting a sporter lately in 300 win may that we have almost finished. I shot some groups yesterday with it then took the scope completely off this morning then put it back on prior to shooting today. I didn't touch the scope adjustments and fired a three shot group. Then I compared the target with yesterday's of the same load. Today's was barely a half inch high, but perfect on windage! I'd say that's pretty good and wouldn't even be noticeable on a hunt. I doubt most detachables would get you much closer. Anyway thought you guys might be interested.

Posts: 210 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: 20 February 2003Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I'm not surprised at all. By the time D'Arcy reworks the receiver and otherwise blueprints the action, plus redrills the scopemounting holes dead-straight, precisely fits the bases to the receiver, then sizes the rings to the scope, the system is about as precise and stress-free as a scopemounting system can get.

I consider D'Arcy's fixed scopemount to be the very best available for ANY money.

AD

posted Hide Post
I've tried this myself, absolutely works as advertised.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've got one better than that!

I just shot my Echols Legend in .300 Weatherby over a chronograph as I was getting ready to send the scope off to Premier for some reticle work. It shot a three shot group in .350! I took it into my reloading room and removed the rings to send off the scope and noticed that the whole front base mount was loose! Explain that! Yes, Mr. Echols indeed walks on water!!!!! LOL

Kirk Kelso

Posts: 13 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Didn't you know the rifle only needs one of those rings. The other one is just to make things look right .

Chuck

Posts: 2658 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ralphie,

Check your private messages.

Posts: 46 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 23 September 2003Reply With Quote