Find
Notify
Tools

Women in camp
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its the women and kids that are our future and you better grab every woman and kid that wants to go hunting before its gone forever.

Run around in your boxers and fart all ya want but this is the fact..........

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In my wilderness camps

Never

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb2706:
quote:
Its the women and kids that are our future and you better grab every woman and kid that wants to go hunting before its gone forever.

Run around in your boxers and fart all ya want but this is the fact..........

The fact is I OWN THE CAMP and if I choose to eat chili and drink beeer for breakfast that is my choice. If a kid or woman is there it is their choice not to be there to begin with as a guest.
There is plenty of time to come to camp in non hunting seasons when I invite families for a weekeend or holiday. Common sense dictates a different conduct at those times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If no one took me to camp when I was a kid I might have turned out to be a PETAFREAK or some old couch tater that watches football or some other waste of time on the weekends.

So called "old timers" always wear me out. Old "grumpy" timer types, I have no time or use for them. I sometimes wonder if the company of other men satisfies their true urges. It kind of reminds me of the public land guy who has "his spot", when in reality it is everyones spot. I should say that there exists a great deal of old timers that are willing to share their knowledge and have the vision to see that passing it on is good for them too. The one thing that ensures the future of hunting is the expansion of hunters. It takes introducing women and children to hunting to accomplish this and defeat the anti-hunting movement.

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
why is it always the youngins that are telling us old grumpy guys what we should be doing in our camps? what they do in their camps when they grow up and buy one is their concern.
It reminds me of the public land snot noses that are walking around with a chip on thjeir shoulders cause those of us with private land have better managed herds to hunt.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kids ara always welcome at our adirondack deer camp. Wives are not invited from October thru the end of hunting season. We are old fashion I guess, but it is really for they're own protection!

Posts: 29 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
I'd be lost without my wife. Other than the obvious, cooking, looking after the horses, helping with field dressing, packing game, she doesn't hunt and has a pair of eyes, that on many occasions have spotted Game before I have. Besides, its easier for two to be warm in a sleeping bag than one.
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Grumpy, buy a camp, whatever, I would much rather be in camp in the sack with a sexy woman than laying around with a bunch of snoring grumpy brokeback dudes.

Posts: 175 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
I am all for women and kids in camp. I have been to stag camps, more often than not, but it is usually from lack of interest on the part of the women. This bothers me. As a Hunter Ed instructor, I see classes getting smaller, though there are a greater ratio of women to men now. The fact is that fewer people are taking up hunting in any form, and if we don't do all that we can to encourage everyone that is interested, we are killing our sport. While I don't dispute anyone's right to go off and act like a drunken degenerate, it only adds fuel to the anti-hunting fire and does no one any good. You can certainly set the rules in your own camp, but ask yourself, are the rules you set helping or hurting everyone in the long run? Don't get me wrong, I belch and fart as much as the next man, and I am certainly no teatotaler, but I believe that we all need to set as positive an example as we are able, to show our sport in a positive light to as many potential new hunters as we can, and to do everything we can to make it possible for them to have a good, safe time. My ex will never be a hunter, but she was an anti when I met her and my positive example caused her to rethink the whole issue, now she's supportive of it. All of our kids have hunted with me, though only my youngest daughter really has the bug like I do. The time I spend in the woods with them makes me the richest man on earth. Times change, the world changes. We can either face those changes with some foresight and maturity, or we can try to deny them and pretend time stopped back in the 30's and end up alone. Seems like a no-brainer to me, YMMV.

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trenton
posted Hide Post
I feel that if a woman want's to hunt, let her hunt, But, I am not listening to any crap.. I have been blessed and am forunate to hunt with 2 very beautiful women in my life, one is a friend the other will become my wife in November. And I can tell ya this, I have hunted with men that would not hold a candle to these two gal's, either in the field or at camp. They hold thier own and tow the line right along with the rest of us.. I can drop either one of them off into a hell hole and not have to worry about them. I feel blessed to have met and to be able to hunt with these ladies. I just wish there were more women like them in this world. These ladies are about 5'2" 105-110 lbs. soaking wet and you don't want to tell them they can't do it. I think most women don't have the mental toughness or are not in touch with reality when it comes to hunting. PLEASE get me off of my soap box.....

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon for now... | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I don't dispute anyone's right to go off and act like a drunken degenerate, it only adds fuel to the anti-hunting fire and does no one any good.

How in the hell is that? What the hell would an anti-hunter be doing in a hunting camp? Otherwise how would they know?

On my ranch we have weekends for wives/girlfriends and kids and the rest of the time is stag only. Nothing is more sickening than a mouthy woman in camp wearing her husbands nads on a necklace. Or somebody's bratty little ill mannered varmint/kid. Do you really think somebody wants to put up with this kind of crap at a hunting camp?

There are very few real men left. If taking your wife along is the only way she will let you hunt I guess it is okay. Just hunt with like minded whipped individuals. A real man needs some time alone and a good woman will accept that.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can go get drunk in a bar thats where drinking belongs not arond guns period.If hunting was to become a family sport instead of a sport of old farts to play poker and tell lies around the fire it might survive.For every one woman you bring into hunting she influences 10 women friends of hers.Hunting is something that all women ,men and kids can do from 4 to 100 years old.If you care about hunting its time to put away your pork and beans and stop farting around and save hunting.I took my girlfriend to take her hunters safety course the other weekend.This is in Alaska the state that you thought hunting would always be in.There was a head honcho from fishe and game who said hunting as we know it would last and be lost in one more generation.So do you old farts want to hang around and see hunting disapear forever when your gone.We are loosing hunting grounds from development every year now faster than we ever have.If you got 1000 more women in hunting they will tell 10 of their women friends how fun that it is.Its the same way with kids but they have to have someone to take them.I have had alot of friends my dad took with me who had no one to take them hunting or fishing.My dad always took time to take them.He taught them everything he could about hunting and put them in their stands and picked them back up.its takes alot of pacience to teach kids but if we each take at least 20 kids and one or two new women it will do nothing but help us have hunting in the future.I have seen F&G agencies talk about how they will handle game populations without hunters.They are already doing it in alot of urban areas.If you want hunting to disapear forever dont take any kids or women just keep eating your beans and drinking your beer and farting our future away.It was Teddy Roosevelt who saved the game and the public lands now its our time to save hunting.Women are the best listeners and kids are the best students take time to teach them everything good you know about hunting before its too late.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
roles of women hunters:

OLN - women hunters

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M16:
Nothing is more sickening than a mouthy woman in camp wearing her husbands nads on a necklace. Or somebody's bratty little ill mannered varmint/kid. Do you really think somebody wants to put up with this kind of crap at a hunting camp?

You bring up the very point of the problem! I don't let my wife disrespect me, or run her mouth! My kids are very well mannered, and I get compliments on my nice family.

If on the other hand your party suffers the rath of mouthy disrespecting wives and bratty kids it's no wonder you have this point of view!

[/QUOTE]Originally posted by M16:
There are very few real men left. If taking your wife along is the only way she will let you hunt I guess it is okay. Just hunt with like minded whipped individuals. A real man needs some time alone and a good woman will accept that.[/QUOTE]

Who's really "whipped" here? The guy who's avoiding his wife because she has his nads and tells him when to put them on, or a guy who has a respectful wife who's well mannered? Some places I hunt are so rough she wouldn't enjoy hunting there and I wouldn't take her or kids for the extra trouble, danger, and whining. But deer camp? It's got to be the most casual of all hunts, and for most it's in some of the most hospitable terrain. There is no reason a "real" man would put up with a mouthy woman, and the kids are the way they are because of lack of discipline. Where is that supposed to come from? Some of the very best camping and hunting experiences should be with family. If you can't stand yours then don't blame everyone else. Don't expect everyone else to have your point of view. Not all of us put up with mouthy wives & ill mannered kids. I plan my hunts and let my wife know when they are going to be. She has the choice of being there or not.

I have no problem with guys wanting to go "stag" on their club and if I were invited I would respect thier wishes. If they join my club and they don't want women around, it's big enough they could just use a different camping area or entirely different ranch. Then again, if they come to my club, into my camp, with my wife and kids around, I wouldn't put up with them being disrespectful to my family either. My wife is mine. Rude comments, asking her do clean up after you, and other publicly unacceptable behavior, isn't going to be tolerated. Farting and ball scratching wouldn't even phase my wife. The colorful language might get to be a little annoying, and if your getting drunk then don't fall into the fire. But don't offer it to my kids.

Why is it that you and Cats are so against others choices? At least we are talking about having our women along and not some fudge-packing event. I don't think anyone here has suggested that on your property you should do what someone else wants. But it doesn't make any sense to me why a real man would have such a problem with women.

I said it before and will say it again. You shouldn't have to hide in a "Deer Camp" to have some peace. Nor should it be the only place you can act as you want. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a semi hilarious story about bringing wives hunting in remote camps. Two neighbour men were going on their annual moose expedition. Wifeys made ultimatum to go along. packed so much extra comfort gear that they needed another truck. Truck breaks down and wifeys start to cry. Truck gets stuck, wifeys start to bitch. Make camp, wifeys too cold. Men stay in camp in morning to cook for tired wifeys. Other hunter shoots moose 100 yards from camp. bears show up and wifeys make men stay in camp to protect wifeys. Last hunting trip for both wifeys and men. Ever. Who won here?

I will take my faincee on soft anterless deer hunts, or hunts wher there are the proper housing and or things to do if bad weather sets in. She likes it this way. This way she/kids lean to hunt but I can get in my wilderness hunts without having to worry about anyone elses comfort but mine

Posts: 174 | Location: ,Alberta ,Canada | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If someone has a good looking wife and takes her to deer camp, I have never seen it fail. someone is going to try to hit on her or sit next to her every time.
To avoid problems I think that it is best to leave them home or just take your family to a camp by yourselves.
This is by experience. I have a good looking wife and I took her to deer camp one time and everytime I looked this guy was winking at her. Then he would start trying to sit by her at the fire. This puts the woman in a situation where she does not know what to do...

Posts: 43 | Location: redwater, tes | Registered: 08 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Real women should be allowed in camp,but not trouble making women.What is a real woman?well, if you are a real man you will know!Real woman do not drive pick-up trucks and should keep a low profile when it comes to business matters or just stay out.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This puts the woman in a situation where she does not know what to do...

You cannot be serious.

quote:
Real woman do not drive pick-up trucks and should keep a low profile when it comes to business matters or just stay out.

Really? I'll have to ask my wife, who happens to own a large construction company, about that <LOL>

Guys, if you prefer to get away with the guys when you go to camp I have no problem with that. A little male bonding is good for all of us at times same as girls night out is good for our wives. I have to draw the line at some of the patronizing remarks such as those though.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Trenton
posted Hide Post
I'll let my fiance know when she see's you on the operating table that she should keep a low profile and when it comes to business matters that she should just stay out, Oh yeah, I'll also tell her that she will have to trade in her Ford Super duty cuz women shouldn't be driving trucks......... lol

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon for now... | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who's really "whipped" here? The guy who's avoiding his wife because she has his nads and tells him when to put them on, or a guy who has a respectful wife who's well mannered?

The guys that are "whipped" are not allowed to avoid their wives. I'm happy to see that you still believe that children need discipline. Unfortunately in this day and age that is becoming a rare commodity. And I'm glad to see that you and your wife respect one another. You and your family would be welcome in my camp anytime. I should also have mentioned that I can't stand overbearing husbands who bring their wife to deer camp and demand to be waited on hand and foot.

[Quote]The colorful language might get to be a little annoying, and if your getting drunk then don't fall into the fire. But don't offer it to my kids. {/Quote]

Real men don't use colorful language around women or children and they limit thier alcohol intake so as not to set a bad example. There is a time to behave and a time to act a fool and that is why on my ranch we have family weekends and stag weekends at different times.

So Big Nate I can't say that we disagree on anything.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote