New
Find
Notify
Tools

OLN - roles of women hunters
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I noticed that on 02/10 on OLN "Elk Country Journal" is about the emerging roles of women hunters. It is at 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. Central. I know it says "elk" but I thought it might carry over to all areas. Just FYI.

Posts: 659 | Location: Texas | Registered: 28 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Girl--

In my family at least 1/2 of the women hunt. I hate to admit, but they are great shots too. My wife, the city girl, is excellent with a pistol out to 60-75 yards.

No bias here. We just love to hunt and be together.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 10-year-old daughter took her first deer this year with a perfect shot.

I notice that women hunters tend to be all business when it comes time to shoot something. They don't get all nervous like guys usually do.

"If you hunt to eat, or hunt for sport for something fine, something that will make you proud, and make you remember every single detail of the day you found him and shot him, that is good too." – Robert Chester Ruark

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My family is headed to Namibia in June and my 11 year old daughter wants to shoot a warthog or a zebra. She has already shot a pig and I've only shot a gun once so we have lots of practicing to do. We're all pretty excited about going.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Girls rule! Men just drool! Wink clap

CJ- Send me the details, bet you are plenty excited!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Girls rule! Men just drool!

My wife enjoyed this although she is not one of the hunters.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Riodot
posted Hide Post
Although she does not hunt, my wife is a hell of a shot at the range.

I consider myself a very good shot but, when we both go out with our .270s she kicks my butt every time.

I can't figure out how she does it with that darn left handed Savage.

I have fun trying to win every time.

Lance

Lance Larson Studio

lancelarsonstudio.com

Posts: 933 | Location: Casa Grande, AZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you would really like to read the role of women as the "Huntress" you need to read Fiona Capstick "The Diana Files"
It is a terrific historical perspective. My wife is not a hunter and even she loved it. A good read.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My youngest granddaughter is now an OLN fan. She watches the shows when her father is home (he normally works evenings), although her mother is not that happy about it. Haley says, "I'm going to be ready to go with Grandpa this fall."

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote