New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disabled vet tag oppertunities
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking about applying for disability tags in a few states and was wondering if anyone else had done this.

New Mexico, Idaho and Montana have fairly easy to understand rules.

The rest are a bit more difficult.

Is the Gila during the mobility impaired season a good time to take a mature bull?

Posts: 33 | Location: Lander, Wyoming | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Torbin - It's quite a ways from Wyoming, but Maine has a special hunt for moose for disabled vets. A good bull moose would not be out of the question. Not sure how it works for residents/non-residents, but it might be worth a look at the Maine Fish & Wildlife Dept's. website. Thank you for your service to our country. Best of luck.

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I'd be very happy with a bull moose.

Thanks, I'll look into it. Might be cheaper and easier way to get a swamp donkey than Canada.

Posts: 33 | Location: Lander, Wyoming | Registered: 31 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
In Missouri any out of state hunters can buy a resident tag as long as they are 60% disabled.  They will need to have their paperwork with them in case they are checked by a Game Warden.  Below is the exact wording from the MDC online Resident Qualification page.

“Any honorably discharged military veteran having a service-related disability of 60 percent or greater, or who was a prisoner of war during military service; must carry certified statement of eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs while hunting or purchasing permits.”

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a nephew that is involved with a disabled hunter group in Wy.
I've got a call out to him.
When he passes on the info I will forward here.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They used to have a disabled hunt for antelope in Glenrock every year- believe it still happens. Call Glenrock towhall or C of C- that is if they have one!

Posts: 1144 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If any disabled veteran needs airfare for a hunt, let me know. I would rather donate miles than burn it on a b class fare to Africa. I will ask for proof of disability.

It is the least I can do.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7575 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
disabledbowhuntersofwy.org

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
I've got a nephew that is involved with a disabled hunter group in Wy.
I've got a call out to him.
When he passes on the info I will forward here.

Thanks again.

one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I know Missouri wasn't on your list but check out KAMO Adventures we are doing deer and turkey hunts for wounded vets.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote