New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would this influence your decision?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, I'm not picky enough--if you take the brush guard of the Toyo I don't see that much difference. And if you through a current F-150 in there, it doesn't seem that different yet again.....

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
One thing is for sure here... If Toyota and Nissan decide to get serious about the 3/4 and 1 ton market, the "big three" had better get on the ball for overall quality control...

It used to be that Americans were strictly Ford, Chevy and Dodge when it came to trucks... Then Toyota introduced a "reasonable" 1/2 ton... Then they gave it a V-8, now they've given it a REAL V-8... And of course over the past few years you've seen the Nissan Titan taking a good chunk of the 1/2 ton market... This should already be fair warning to the U.S. companies but I fear they are all just blind to the obvious...

Perhaps it's just luck but my F250 Powerstroke has simply been an excellent truck. I have friends that drive the Chevy/GM Duramax as well as the Dodge Cummins and all have been simply durable, well built trucks... That doesn't change what "Japan" has on the radar screen... They will continue to produce good quality, durable trucks and the U.S. builders will simply have to deal with a smaller market share...

Let's face it, I see ALOT more Japanese so called compact pickups on the road then American brands... That and the fact that Toyota and Nissan have made huge strides in the 1/2 ton market should tell the American companies everything they need to know...

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,

It's mind boggling to me why makers like Ford can not see what is happening, and make a mid course correction to recoup market share.. I see a hugh inertia at the top levels of Ford, that refuses to accept reality, and accommodate for it. Arrogance is the only thing I can come up with for an answer to their unwillingness to SEE the trends. It's not like this just happened either. Ford has seen what is going on for 25 years.
And, Ford is NOT in good financial shape either.

Don

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DMB:
Ken,

It's mind boggling to me why makers like Ford can not see what is happening.......Ford has seen what is going on for 25 years.
And, Ford is NOT in good financial shape either.

Don

Fords position is clear. They have a history of advertising topics such as "more ford trucks on the road than any other." "more ford trucks regsitered with over 250K miles than any other." "#1 in sales for the past 29 years in America and Canada."

They have chosen their place at the table of the free market. Quantity.

You could compare this to 2 different personal injury attorney firms. There are those that heavily advertise on TV, phone books, etc. They want shear volume, no matter the type of case, and the key is to simply settle each and every one, keeping the constant flow of new clients, never wanting to go to trial. (quantity firm)

OTOH, you have those very choosey firms that look at each and every case, and only take on the quality clients and will readily go to trial when necessary. (quality firm)

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DMD the 4runners if it has the 3.0 has had a running recall on headgaskets since the year or so after they came out,done so many I could do it in my sleep.Toyota's are good vehicles,TILL you have to buy parts,then you you would like the Chevys and Fords.You can have troubles in any make or model,including Nissan and Toyota.I'm a deal person,which ever I get the best deal on is my driver,right now its Ford.Drop-Shot

Posts: 91 | Location: Helena,Montana | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote