Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket List Animals.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
What are everyone's personal "Bucket List" animals among North American Big Game and the reasons for those choices.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I listed the ones I thought of as did a lot of folks.

But out of those Top 10, does anyone have one or two animals in particular that they want to hunt/kill before they die.

If given the opportunity to hunt the 10 animals any person listed are there any animals that take priority over any others?

Or if a person was told by their Dr. that they had X amount of time left, is there a certain animal that a person would want to hunt/kill before time ran out?

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
If my days are numbered I am going to Tanzania for Buff, a Tommy and a Grants.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine are a bigger moose than the one I killed and a bigger black bear. Not North American but a Cape Buffalo falls in my "Bucket List" category.

one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Desert bighorn. Free range ibex. Tule elk. Wolf.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Didn't we just cover this already?

coffee

One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
I took a 39 7/8' Dall Ram,,,,,,,,

" " 69' Bull Moose,,,,,,

" " 9 1/2' brown Bear,,,,

All have a definite need to add a few """

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1414 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No, not really, we discussed the Top 10 N.A. Big Game animals to hunt in each persons opinion.

This is about what particular animal(s) a person would want to hunt if they were given only 6 months to a year to live. I mean with that type of time frame trying to go after all 10 of the animals any of us listed would be fairly if not totally impossible.

I would figure most folks would have one particular animal that they would choose to be the last animal they hunted before their life was over.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tundra Grizzly would be mine.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
I guess if i only had one more big game hunt it would be a bugling bull elk taken with bow and arrow. Ive had the experince of one bugling at lees tahn 10 yards, there was just to much brush in the way.
I am going to try and remove moose and mt. goat from my list in september.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
My definition of "bucket list" would be goals that are potentially achievable. Maybe not easy or guaranteed to happen but possible, as opposed to "if I won the lottery" or "if I were 24 years old again, healthy and fit."

#1 on my list is a moose. Nothing special, just a 'representative class' moose. Why? I heard they taste pretty good and I like the kind of territory where they live. After that, maybe caribou. Why? From what I've heard the meat is not all that great but, as is the case with moose, I would like spend some time in their territory.

It's not really a big game animal but I would also like to hunt ducks sometime in my life.

I don't know how (or if) I can make these happen but they are on my bucket list. There are many other animals that I'd like to hunt during my remaining time on earth but they are well beyond my physical and/or financial ability so they're not really on the list.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Blacktail-- Sitka or Columbia.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:

coffee

Well, the other thread wanted you to list your "top 10" and while most listed them 1 through 10 maybe Crazy had a difficult time with that. Information overload if you will.

This thread simplifies it for him where guys are only naming one or two animals.

Now I'm just waiting for his next thread entitled "what ONE animal do you want to hunt in North America in your lifetime". Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A really nice muley and a representative nilgai...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Central Barren Ground Caribou. Second would be a big tusker hog. I have shot small ones.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
quote:

coffee

Well, the other thread wanted you to list your "top 10" and while most listed them 1 through 10 maybe Crazy had a difficult time with that. Information overload if you will.

This thread simplifies it for him where guys are only naming one or two animals.

Now I'm just waiting for his next thread entitled "what ONE animal do you want to hunt in North America in your lifetime". Big Grin

He’s just trying to start a new thread so people will forget about all the ones he has ruined.

Posts: 396 | Location: CA | Registered: 23 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
Every legal tree squirrel species and sub species for a North American tree squirrel grand slam.

Would like to complete the North American upland bird grand slam as well.

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
I've taken 17 of the 29 types of North America's indigenous big game animals, but never had the opportunity to hunt a mountain goat or a sitka black-tailed deer. If I were younger and fitter, both would be on my bucket list.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say mine is a Brown Bear.
Hopefully it will be the last species of my NA 29 Grand Slam.(in like 12 yearsSmiler)
Thanks for asking.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CA Safari Hunter:
quote:
quote:

coffee

He’s just trying to start a new thread so people will forget about all the ones he has ruined.

stir rotflmo

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Chupe n Squatch. Nuff said.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mule deer
Sage grouse

Posts: 402 | Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado  | Registered: 15 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I don't always agree with Crazy, but I do here. The other thread was asking us to list the Top 10 animals to hunt in America, and in this thread he is asking for our personal Bucket List of NA big game animals.

My understanding of a Bucket List is it is a list of things that we want to do (or in this case, animals to hunt) before we die. Once we do that thing (or hunt that animal) we scratch it off the list and it is no longer in the Bucket. There is a difference.

I didn't post in the Top 10 thread, but I would consider a wilderness hunt for bull elk to be one of the Top 10 hunts in North America. However I would not list a wilderness bull elk hunt on my Bucket List because I've killed a lot of elk, including a couple of "wall hanger bulls." Once I've "been there, done that" it's no longer on my Bucket List. Yes, I still buy an elk license every year, but it's more of a hunt to keep my freezer full.

So, my Bucket list would be hunts for animals that I have not killed...
Mountain lion
Grizzly
Brown bear
Alaskan moose
Canadian moose
Quebec caribou
Coues deer
Blacktail deer
Desert mule deer
Javelina

and if I ever win the lottery,
Stone sheep
Desert sheep

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at my life size Polar Bear, which I hunted in 03, I can say there is nothing better for me in NA. 12 of 29 with zero sheep or caribou. At 47 I'm coasting in N.A.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

coffee

Yep. De ja vu. All over again!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wolverine, I reckon the chances of even seeing one are super-slim, but they are a cool, ferocious critter.