THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: what is the country like where you live?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: what is the country like where you live?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This part of the country should be avoided at all costs. There�s no game, all the fish are small and full of mercury, the taxes are confiscatory, and the entire state is run by and for people who subscribe to the NY Times and listen to National Public Radio. The regional ideology is a combination of the statism and universal victimhood that leaks over the borders from Vermont, Massachusetts, Maine, and Quebec. The winters are long and very cold and there�s so little snow that the skiing and snomobiling is barely marginal. The summers are scorching hot and jungle humid and if Lyme disease doesn�t paralyze you, West Nile fever will kill you. Speed limit is 55. Four cylinder engines only. No motorcycles with a displacement greater than 250 cc. You�re only allowed to buy one small box of ammo a month and if it�s not low brass number 9 shot you have to file a report with the state police, in triplicate. For your own good, stay away.

Posts: 44 | Location: Wolverton Mountain, NH | Registered: 22 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hm 1996, yeah, the game may be good...................but you have to pay.

And I won't.

I've hunted over 25 years here in Canada w/out paying one red cent for access/lease/etc. WT Deer, Mule deer, elk, moose, antelope.

To me, Texas seems like an oil man's state, meaning if you haven't got the $, you don't hunt.

I'll die at 91, never having paid to hunt in Texas.....

and happy that I didn't.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what clifton said! And if you wear a hat taht isnt made out of plants or pleather, then you get hung! If you wear non open-toed shoes, then your feet will be removed, and if you dont grow at least 1 acre of marijuana, you are ineligable for participating in state government!

NH_Hunter

Posts: 97 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Well, Johny, that's what makes the world go around, to each his own. I'm sure Canada is a beautiful place to hunt and there is a lot to be said for free hunting. I would, however have a problem w/Canada's gun laws, but that's just me.

Quote:

To me, Texas seems like an oil man's state, meaning if you haven't got the $, you don't hunt.

While there is a small amount of public land hunting in Texas, for the most part your statement is correct. One of the big advantages to leasing hunting rights is the fact that one knows with whom he is sharing the woods/pasture. On public lands, you never know who is just beyond your view and/or how safe that person is with a firearm. Having never hunted Canada, this may not be a problem up there?

Regards,
hm

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jaycocreek
posted Hide Post
Johnie Ringo wrote:
Quote:

Anyways, as far as hunting pressure. On a given year, you can hunt any day and only see 8 or 10 other hunters, THE ENTIRE DAY. That's what makes my area so great

Yikes-If I saw 8-10 Hunters in one day,I'd be a packin to another place.Just doesn't happen here in some places in Idaho.A couple years ago we shot a Bull that stumbled off and died in the middle of the road,A Forest service road,and 2-1/2 hours later some one drove by to late to help..

Jayco.

Posts: 565 | Location: Central Idaho | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In NH, there are 100,000,000,000,000x as many hunters per square mile as deer, and since there are .0000000000000001 deer per square mile, you do the math

NH_Hunter

Posts: 97 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 12 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted Hide Post
Johnny:
No apology necessary, no offense taken! I grew up hunting in Texas and leasing is just a normal way of life down here so we just take it for granted.

Quote:

Suffice it to say the eastern urbanites have enough votes to dictate how we all live.

Yeah, know what you mean, we got those types down here, too, constantly trying to lead us out of the wilderness! It's a constant battle.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 903 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hm1996,
Firstly, let me apologize a bit. My post came across harsh, and it wasn't really intended that way.

Yes Canada is beautiful, yes there is an abundance of game, and the hunting where I live, is free of access fees.

You WOULD have a problem with Canada's Gun Laws. Any gun owner would. I've been helping fight them since 1995. They suck. Period.

I envy the USA mightily for their 2nd amendment. I could tell you how this came to be, but it would take pages.

Suffice it to say the eastern urbanites have enough votes to dictate how we all live.

Anyways, as far as hunting pressure. On a given year, you can hunt any day and only see 8 or 10 other hunters, THE ENTIRE DAY. That's what makes my area so great.

I hear guys say "I need a bullet to put them down NOW, so someone else doesn;t tag it".

Typically, when I shoot a deer, there is NO ONE within a few miles. (Though I DID lose a deer once to a guy - but that's only on of probably 60 deer)

Anyways, I didn't mean to offend - just seems so foreign to me to pay to hunt a nuisance animal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, try to do a guy a favor and what do I get? Flamed. Oh, well. One more time: Stay away. Staaaaaaay aaawwwaaaaay!

Posts: 44 | Location: Wolverton Mountain, NH | Registered: 22 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I read carefully the first time, no need for your little broken english stunt. Let me try my response another way: don't like it hereabouts?

Buy a plane ticket and take yourself and your whining elsewhere. How's that?

Leighton

Leighton,

CliftonClowers was poking fun. As in "It's really so great up here we don't want anyone else coming up here and screwing up our good thing." Hence, the "Stay Away" warnings.

Lighten up dude.

-Bob F.

irony:
# An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
# A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck Nelson,

Beautiful - hard to beat that!

Here's a pic taken a few hundred yards east of the little home I have in NW Arizona. Thousands of acres of remote forest all around with only a few neighbors dotted here and there. Deer, elk, mtn lion, javelina, a few black bear and best of all peace and quiet!

[image]http://www.shutterfly.com/view/picture_dt.jsp?state=67b0de219a4af9bab425&idx=0[/image]

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
View fron the front porch.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Never said anything about about ME did I, I have hunted there alot and there is alot of area to hunt there. One more thing no one is crying, I call it like it is,if you are to sensitive that is your problem.How long have you lived in CT?, so I think I have more insight about that than you.I have been dealing with laws for along time so I understand then just fine, that does not mean there should be so many laws it will limit ones rights,oh yea MASS land Tip O"neal and Teddy,most anti-gun laws in the country,I was born there myself and don't get bent when someone tells me that about Mass it's a fact.I am leaving this area as I said most people from this area are SOB's,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

One more thing to IHONDA, from the post above anyone will see how rotten and uptight you are, some people post there opinions and you were the one to go after them, this is the point I am trying to make about many who live in this area,like I said not all here are like you but is seems many are and don't worry about what I say on hunting forums as I sure don't care about others,GET A LIFE,Kev

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

CHUCK,that is a great pic,very nice,Kev

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leighton,

No problem! I can tell you're a gentleman. We all have our grumpy days!

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since some of his negative comments on the political climate were accurate and many here seem to enjoy bashing New England in genaral, I assumed he was being serious and took the defensive. If it was in fact pure tongue in cheek, then I missed it and offer an apology.

Leighton

Posts: 142 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 15 May 2003Reply With Quote