Find
Notify
Tools

Bit chilly in Colorado this morning
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted
-8 with 25 mph plus winds. Be a mild spring day in Northern NY where I used to live Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4733 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We're expecting -2 Deg with the windchill down to -22 Degrees here in Kentucky tomorrow. I have the wood stove loaded and ready to light tonight.

Moving here after living in California for the last 33 years is going to make this winter interesting.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Colorado Bob
posted Hide Post
Chuck---you're on the wrong side of the divide. It's 28* this morning here in Durango. Bright & Sunny with a slight breeze. Merry Christmas--Bob

Posts: 599 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Blizzard has arrived at my place. Will be in the negative teens after it passes through. Not a typical situation for this part of the country. I prefer the global warming.

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
My thermometer shows -35 F this morning

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Colorado Bob:
Chuck---you're on the wrong side of the divide. It's 28* this morning here in Durango. Bright & Sunny with a slight breeze. Merry Christmas--Bob

I know it's this damn job thing, I work for the AF. Hoping to move West of the Divide soon when I retire, also a little 41' Morgan in the Keys ... Smiler

Regards,

Chuck

Posts: 4733 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Was only-14 here with another 5 inches of snow.

Total snow fall in the last week around 18 inches.

Posts: 19399 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Temp was 41 this morning at 5:30, 20 an hour later. Holding at about 15 with a heartless breeze.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16428 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Yikes, I'm not ever sure it was below freezing here this morning. Now it's probably close to 60. Supposed to cool off tomorrow though, with a high of only 43.

Posts: 3293 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good thing is 50 by Sunday!

Ken

One of Us
posted Hide Post
-18 with a-33 wind chill east of Denver this morning.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1075 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ambient temp is -24 right now.

Posts: 2591 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not so cold here only a -15 with wind.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hanging at 11 this morning in west central Texas.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16428 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
It looks peaceful enough on the photo but I promise you it is not. The wind!

Well, my pipes are frozen this morning. -30 wind chill (at least), -9F temp. Never had that happen here before. Not even last year when it was -15F. Didn't have the high winds with that one.

I have a quartz heater for the well house that provides water to the house and hope it is still working. I had my other well updated to pitless a couple of years ago so I know that one will still be working. As long as the hydrant isn't frozen.

The stock water heaters were not able to keep up with all the cold wind. A good two more days of this yet. I want global warming back.

~Ann

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann I feel for you -9 in your area is just to dam cold.

Of course if it extend down into FL. it might help get rid of some pythons and iguanas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We got it too Ann.
I went to sleep in Southeast. I woke up in North Dakota.

Posts: 11032 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
We got down to -9 degrees with 30+ MPH winds. The house is a toasty 71 degrees on just the woodstove but I'm going through a lot of wood!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
38F here in Lost Wages this AM. Cool

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12881 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
meh.
it's winter.

we had a good time walking around the park looking at Christmas lights last night.
wind chill was like minus 60 I heard.

whatever,, there was like 5-K people wandering up and down the trail by the river.
must not have been that cold.

Posts: 4986 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CA politics suck. But I ran on the beach today with no shirt and wearing shorts jumping

Posts: 169 | Location: So Cal, ....USA | Registered: 25 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffybr:
My thermometer shows -35 F this morning

Got you beat, -42 C here the other morning. Big Grin Not much further North.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1606 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
75 degs.F WARMER here today than 2.5 days ago, windchill notwithstanding. Winner, winner chicken dinner. I side with Lamar and Grizzly, it's winter, meh.

Posts: 1135 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it was shorts weather today in Denver.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1075 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cold is nothing if you sleep in a house. I spent one night in Alaska in a tent with no heat 55 below (not wind chill, an honest -55). Temps that low create issues with equipment that you just don't see with a -55 wind chill.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7572 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Wow! Don't ever want to do that! I was in Lake Place right before the Olympics started, 51 below zero no wind chill counted. Got my truck started with ether, carb caught fire as usual put it out with a green army blanket I kept in the cab lol. I just stayed inside by the wood stove and then walked to the local bar. Can't imagine being in a tent.

Regards,

Chuck

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have slept in snow caves at a -32.

wasn't bad at all