Find
Notify
Tools

Dicks Sporting Goods
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have always been suprised by how low Dicks is able to move guns for.

They had the 700 ADL varmint for $530 or somewhere near that price.

Hard to see buying a 700 from someone else when Dicks has them for wholesale prices.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
During the Aftermath of the New Town school shooting.

They pulled all their ARs off the shelves trying to Kow Tow to there non shooting client base.

So I see no reason to give them my hunting shooting business.

Posts: 19434 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I see no reason to give them my hunting shooting business.

+1

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, then they opened Field and Stream stores, which are wall to wall guns and fishing with nothing else. Including hundreds of ARs.

Walmart quit selling pistols to appease the antis, but I bet you still shop there.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WLW
posted Hide Post
Here in the communist state of kalifornia, dicks's has no firearms, hunting or fishing equipment.

I go in every couple of months (because of employee turnover and yuppie shoppers) and ask "Where is you hunting and fishing department). Get the straingist looks.

Not too long ago, went in to buy an ice chest, was told they don't stock them..??? Yuppies...

http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4821014232

"He Who Farts in Church, Must Sit in Own Pew".

Posts: 364 | Location: Moorpark, CA | Registered: 18 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't shop at Dicks or F and S or walmart for hunting gear. Way to many higher quality options in stores or mail order. In my experience, you get what you pay for and what you deserve, when you buy el Cheapo.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dicks in Lancaster has a lot of guns.

I am not saying it is the fine gun room at one of the bigger Cabelas but considering how far it is to a gunstore that is worth a shit in the Mojave desert, Dicks isn't that bad.

The two crappy gun shops by me have some powder, everything else is an online affair.

quote:
Originally posted by WLW:
Here in the communist state of kalifornia, dicks's has no firearms, hunting or fishing equipment.

I go in every couple of months (because of employee turnover and yuppie shoppers) and ask "Where is you hunting and fishing department). Get the straingist looks.

Not too long ago, went in to buy an ice chest, was told they don't stock them..??? Yuppies...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No ice chest? That is the thing I bought at the one in Lancaster on Saturday.

Then I went to the PX at Edwards AFB and found the same one for $20 less. Not going to cry about $20.

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
I prefer to support local business, I'm not a fan of corporate gun stores.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WLW:

Even more strange, there are two Dick's sporting goods near me. One carries guns, the other does not. The one that does not shares a parking lot with the mall. My repetitive complaints and multiple inquiries to management at that location (just to pass time & further my pro-gun agenda while my wife shops at the mall) always results in the same response, "it was a corporate decision not to carry firearms at this location".

Ain't that some shit?

All of my local gun dealers sell online, so I don't have an issue with buying firearms online myself to cheat the state of some sales tax (they get enough tax out of me every year already). But my local gun shops also have online listings and plenty of out-of-state buyers doing the exact same thing, so it balances out. However, I usually buy lower priced items locally when I can, especially the Hazmat stuff.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They did in the great Eddie Bauer store which use to be the pinnacle of top of the line hunting and fishing, now it is a yuppie store with kids stuff and women closing, starting to happen with Cabela s look at their catalog when dick ran the show 20 years ago now look at them now, big business exploiting the big names and won't be long till they cave into the politically correct to make the big profits

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rub Line:
I prefer to support local business, I'm not a fan of corporate gun stores.

Not really an option, unless you want to shit out a tank of gas to buy a $30 part.

Full retail plus plus, that's what I get locally from the two goons in Ridgecrest.

Only way they don't do that is the Galleryofguns program. Then they are fair, only because everyone else is pretty fair online.