New
Find
Notify
Tools

NRA Membership Specials
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The NRA has a goal of 1 million new members and has already had more than 100,000 join in the last few weeks.
We can do better than 1 million new members!

$300 Life Membership for a limited time! Call 800-672-3888 to join, upgrade or give a gift membership. They were requiring a current life member sponsor id # for this one but they seemed to have stopped that requirement for now.

$25 annual membership with a $25 Bass Pro gift card. Join or give a gift membership.
$25 NRA

Posts: 817 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
After six phone calls, and a half hour wait on the last one, I upgraded my membership to Life.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but this is total bullshit. Why aren't you already a lifetime member??? But now you are? Because the price was lowered?

All this will do is cause others to wait until the price goes back to $300. In the long run, it will hurt revenue. Christ, if I lowered the price of our software, I would never be able to raise it again.

Dumb move.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You own a gun? Join!

one of us
Picture of NEJack
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Scott:
The NRA has a goal of 1 million new members and has already had more than 100,000 join in the last few weeks.
We can do better than 1 million new members!

$300 Life Membership for a limited time! Call 800-672-3888 to join, upgrade or give a gift membership. They were requiring a current life member sponsor id # for this one but they seemed to have stopped that requirement for now.

$25 annual membership with a $25 Bass Pro gift card. Join or give a gift membership.
$25 NRA

Actually got my life membership in the mail last week. Did the payment plan they offered a few years ago.

Posts: 727 | Location: Eastern Iowa (NUTS!) | Registered: 29 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:
Sorry, but this is total bullshit. Why aren't you already a lifetime member??? But now you are? Because the price was lowered?

All this will do is cause others to wait until the price goes back to $300. In the long run, it will hurt revenue. Christ, if I lowered the price of our software, I would never be able to raise it again.

Dumb move.

Who the fuck are you to call some one out because they got a deal on their life membership???here is one to suck on after being a life member since 1962 I sent their card back and told them to shove it.Why,cause they got Harry fuckin Reid back in in Nevada.The NRA is not your only option to support Gun Rights.I now support The Second Amendment Foundation who unlike the NRA are not just a Business made out of what was once a Noble cause.Check them out!!!http://www.saf.org/ and hey if you don`t like me posting this(GFY!!!!)
http://www.saf.org/

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
United we stand, divided we fall.

Life member NRA (1988)
Life member SAF (2008)
Life member Ca Rifle and Pistol Assoc. (2010)

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
AnotherAZWriter
one of us
Posted 21 January 2013 01:45Hide Post

Dumb move.

That is one sorry azz post Mr. AZ Writer!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine.

Like I said, good luck in increasing that lifetime rate back to where it was. Once you reduce the price of something, you just telegraphed its value. Hey, don't want to pay $300? Wait until the next school shooting and the next (gun) fire sale and maybe you can pay only $200...

Olbiker: the NRA cares only about one thing: the second amendment. They don't really care about anything Harry Reid does except how he votes with respect to gun control. They don't care if you are Dem or Repub, if you are black or white, if you are gay or straight, if you are pro-choice or pro-life - they are purely single issue. If you can't live with that, send in your card.

Now I think I will take Ty's suggestion and take a nap...

Posts: 7578 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnotherAZWriter:

Dumb move.

AnotherAZWriter, get off your high horse!

NRA made the offer, all I did was to take them up on their offer.

If you don't like a policy that NRA makes, take it up with them. Don't put down a member who takes the NRA up on one of their offers.

I have been paying the NRA annual, semi-annual, or tri-annual membership fees for most of the years since 1970. At that time the annual membership was $150, which at that time was almost half of my monthly salary.

I know it was a matter of my own choices, but I did not have real high paying jobs, and had two unsuccessful marriges which often had me living paycheck to paycheck.

My sob story, but I have been a supporter of the NRA for over 40 years, and in the long run, I paid the NRA more in those 40 years of annual memberships than they would have received from me if I had bought a life membership back in 1970 for $150.

Ten years ago, my last marriage ended in a VERY costly and almost disaster of a divorce. I have since been able to get my life back in order and to fulfill some of my lifelong dreams.

I have also paid the amount that the NRA set in a special Life membership offer, and now I AM A PROUD LIFE MEMBER OF THE NRA.

So AnotherAZWriter, if you don't like an offer that the NRA makes, voice your opinion to them, or go back behind your house and eat worms!

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The NRA has done this in the past and returned the rates afterward. While I wish I had been able to avail myself of the lower rates I understand their intent. If people aren't joining and you need people to join then you provide them with an incentive to do so. If the lower costs get more people to join, people who may not have otherwise, and in doing so furthers our cause then I am all for it. Even if they keep the prices low if it adds the members okay. If we don't get the member we need to generate the influence we need in D.C. and as a result we lose the 2nd Amendment then what does it matter if you paid $1000 and he paid $300. Do you think the gun loving folks in rural NY would willing make such a sacrifice if they could have prevented or in making the sacrifice could repeal the new legislation? Some give all, all give some. Just because my grandfather served in teh military and died doesn't mean that when I served I wanted to die as well.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go behind the house and eat worms, LOL! I love it!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
ELeeton:

Your comment about your grandfather makes a lot of sense in terms of sacrifice. I understand what you are saying and it is a good analogy. BTW, I was in Corpus last week at the LyondellBasell plant.

If the NRA keeps coming up with "discount" offers, why would anyone pay the full rate?

Consider this: the lower the rate, the more prone others are to join who might not really be committed. For example, anyone can pay $300 bucks and now write letters to the editor to publication "X" claiming they are life members of the NRA and want more gun control.

buffybr: my comment was not intended to be aimed at you; if it was I would have either quoted you or addressed you. In your case, the NRA should automatically make anyone who has paid annual dues for over 10 years (or some other period)an automatic life member. That preserves the brand and ensures commitment, and does not dilute the price (which will cause less services per member to be delivered by the organization).

Again, my opinion is that this is a bad idea. Unlike the NRA, we can take a poll among members here and if I am wrong, I will take my 40 lashes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joining as an agent provocateur is always a possibility. I guess that's the gamble you take with a dues only membership. I like to hope that it will benefit the NRA in the long by getting folks off the fence or maybe bringing younger folks into the fold. If I had the cash around i would be much more inclined to sign up my sign as a life member of for $300.

Given the media fanfare I am sure we will hear numbers and we will hear in the case of agent provocateur as well.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last week at the SHOT Show I took advantage of the NRA's legacy special offer. I upped my wife's membership from annual to life member, my daughter-in-law the same and mime from Patron to Benefactor member.

Hell of a deal.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[I]WAKE UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!!I]

The sort of bickering, back-biting and in-fighting exemplified by the posts above are exactly why 2A is endangered, hell, forget guns its why FREEDOM in this country is an endangered species!

Can't we put our individual differences, asside for the greater good even this once? Even when at the end of the day, all of us get what we want if it succeeds? This is EXACTLY the chink in the conservative armor our president and his ilk have targeted for exploitation. Devide and concur, that's his stategy and it appears to be working beautifully from the debt to guns. IF we are to win this we're going to have to work together. Support whatever organization you choose but please don't (publicly) disparge another.

As to Harry Reid, in general I don't like the guy either but in reality, he recognizes who he can't afford to anger (gun owners) to retain his power and even his seat. Whatever else he may be, he's likely to be our best friend in halting 2A assaults. Who cares why!

PLEASE, let's try to work through this threat in a united front. Once we're safe you can kick and gouge all you like.

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

And a smart man does not sleep with The Devil.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I am saying is that The NRA is not the only one out there fighting for your rights.I right now happen to disagree with some things they do.This does not mean I do not support other groups or think all The NRA is a bad thing.If you are serious about the fight for the Second Amendment there are four groups to join, National Rifle Association, National Association for Gun Rights, Gun Owners of America & the Second Amendment Foundation. Each is active in the fight and comes at it from a different perspective. (Not all my words)OB

one of us
posted Hide Post
$300 membership deal is now online - https://membership.nrahq.org/f....asp?CampaignID=ar15

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just upgraded my membership. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 1449 | Location: New England | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Late to the discussion, but people who never payed a cent to the NRA call and say they are life members and want gun control, we may as well take their $300.00.

Posts: 849 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
quote:

You have the ability to carry concealed in your home state because of NRA, not some other group. One of my best friends lobbied that bill tirelessly over several years and finally got it done. I spent 3 years lobbying for NRA in ten different states and NEVER encountered a representative from any other gun rights organization in a state legislature. The one exception were state organizations and many of them are NRA state affiliates.

NRA isn't perfect, but it is the best organization available. Ask your member of congress who calls on them from NRA and they'll know them by name. Then ask them what other gun rights groups they meet with and watch them draw a blank.

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodhits:
quote:
quote:

You have the ability to carry concealed in your home state because of NRA, not some other group. One of my best friends lobbied that bill tirelessly over several years and finally got it done. I spent 3 years lobbying for NRA in ten different states and NEVER encountered a representative from any other gun rights organization in a state legislature. The one exception were state organizations and many of them are NRA state affiliates.

NRA isn't perfect, but it is the best organization available. Ask your member of congress who calls on them from NRA and they'll know them by name. Then ask them what other gun rights groups they meet with and watch them draw a blank.

Why don`t you read all my posts instead of cherry picking???

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like this one?

Who the fuck are you to call some one out because they got a deal on their life membership???here is one to suck on after being a life member since 1962 I sent their card back and told them to shove it.Why,cause they got Harry fuckin Reid back in in Nevada.The NRA is not your only option to support Gun Rights.I now support The Second Amendment Foundation who unlike the NRA are not just a Business made out of what was once a Noble cause.Check them out!!!http://www.saf.org/ and hey if you don`t like me posting this(GFY!!!!)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I should add that SAF is a good organization that has done some great things (often with NRA) in the courts. I've never seen them in the field though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like this one?

Or maybe like this one:"What I am saying is that The NRA is not the only one out there fighting for your rights.I right now happen to disagree with some things they do.This does not mean I do not support other groups or think all The NRA is a bad thing."