THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Any Experiences with 6mm/ 55 gr Nosler BT & deer?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Any Experiences with 6mm/ 55 gr Nosler BT & deer?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Harry,
I know what you mean. My first buck died with that same 52 grain hollow point to the lungs at 25 yards out of a 222.
It's just very difficult to get consistency with a bullet that light with body shots on a big animal.
I played the little gun-big animal game alot when I was younger. I'd just assume not have that lump in my throat watching a critter run off not knowing if the light bullet
blew up on impact, or if the animal is doing the death run.
I've got 2 sons, and if they choose to hunt when they get older, i'll attempt to guide them in the choosing of the right tool for the job, but they'll probably end up learning things for themselves like most folks do, as i did.
Trigger

Posts: 271 | Location: ALBANY,NY,USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... I can tell you are a Christian man! ... That was funny picking out the 'bear hunting eskimos." The meaning is in the mind of the reader. ...

Hey Seafire, Not as good as I'd like to be by a l-o-n-g shot. But, I do know a few folks who set an excellent example that I respect. One is in Raleigh, NC with all kinds of health problems and never complains.

HA Well, it just dawned on me another one is a local transplanted YANKEE from NYC! He stopped by last night during the Motown 45 show.(Nope, not 45ACPs.) Also has lots of health problems, can't walk 100yds in ankle deep grass/weeds without needing to sit down so his pacemaker can catch up. And this guy never complains about a thing either.

Know a few more, and they "ALL" make it tough on an old MARINE to be good out in public.

Didn't make any "St.Pete Points" today at the Polls. Happened to see a couple of DEMOCRATS and I asked if they voted (Primary Election here) for "Hanoi John or Al Sharpton". Told them I didn't see much difference in those choices except Hanoi John might be getting ready to go off and marry Chappaquedick Teddy. For some reason they decided to walk on off rather than press the issue.

Reflecting back on it, an old man knocking a couple of DEMOCRATS out the front door of a church(the Polling place) probably wouldn't have made any good St.Pete points either. Do you think?!?!?!

Yes, I looked at DigitalDan's post and realized the "pause" could change things depending on how bad you needed your breath. HA Wasn't really picking on him though, cause English is a tough language and it is really unfair to expect all you folks to write with a Southern accent so I can understand easier.

Hey Trigger, exactly what do you mean?...
Quote:

...the cess pool ...

Someone got in gear a good while back and slapped a bunch of polluters into shape along the Ohio(should really be named the Grand Kentucky) and it is "pretty clean" right now. Lots of nice Bass making a comeback.

Come on down and I'll introduce you to my YANKEE buddy. Y'all can talk YANKEE and I can nod like I have an idea what youse guys are talkin' about.

We have a fairly decent Range down in the Fort Knox general direction and we can all go shoot some old Tanks and such stuff. (52gr MatchKings or 55gr B-Tips are fine Tank shooters - pling.) He mentioned just last night that he had been wondering if his neighbors would get upset if he used a "Flame Thrower" to clean up some weed problems!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay, okay, okay, How about door gunners hunting water buffs with a 1911 Colt? One shot, one kill.

Don't think Polar Bears use the 6mm 55 gr BT, they just hide their nose and wait.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

... How about door gunners hunting water buffs with a 1911 Colt? One shot, one kill. ...

And I'd wager the little fellow, with the black teeth from the betel nuts, that was "encouraging" the buff along with the stick in the rice paddy, wasn't real thrilled about it.

Got my Randall within arms reach as I wham this in.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well you know we weren't too concerned with the "hearts and minds" stuff about then! We'd been deeply engaged with the 2nd or 3rd NVA regiment west of Tam Ky for about 6 weeks, and they were killing local livestock for survival. Just trying to help out and all. A point of fact: a single .45 ACP round between the shoulder blades will down a buff. Always considered it to be one of the finest shots I've witnessed.

If he'd been hurrying his buff along we probalby would have used two shots instead of one.

Dan

B/2/17

www.LoveTheSmellOf.Napalm

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hotcore,
What I mean by the cess pool, is ofcourse the mighty Mississippi. I'm sure they're cleaning parts of it up, but it's still rated as one of the most, if not thee most polluted body of water in the country. Just like our Hudson river up here in Albany above the Troy dam. They want to dredge it and stir the PCB's back up. Yahoo.
Ofcourse one of the worst bodies of water in the world is in the ross sea,Antarctica. In Mcmurdo sound in a place called the winter quarters bay.
they put fish in cages and subjected them to the waters for a few weeks, and basically the fish had instant liver/health problems.
All thanks to the US Navy.
Trigger

Posts: 271 | Location: ALBANY,NY,USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Truely amazing, this is up there with mags are not needed for elk hunting. It was good seeing you today. I'm headed home to work on some low velocity 60 grain 6mm sierras.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mike! Good luck on those. I was going to load you up some 243 Blue Dot loads with the 60 grain Sierras.

Talk to you soon.

seafire/john chr.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote