New
Find
Notify
Tools

non resident hunting
 Login/Join

<socal hunter>
posted
How close of a relative do they have to be to hunt brown bears with a resident. My wifes cousin is an alsakian resident. What type of proof do you need. Can I just say she is my sister?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I belive they have to be to the first degree.

Posts: 19371 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Saying your wife is your sister may get you somewhere in the Ozarks, but not Canada

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<rwj>
posted
Social Hunter: I just looked up the definition of who qualifies as a nonresident (U.S. citizen) family member not requiring a licensed guide to hunt sheep, grizzly, and goats in Alaska: A nonresident would have to hunt with someone who is an Alaskan resident who is 19 years old or older and is within a second degree of kindred: father, mother, brother, sister, son, daughter, spouse, grandparent, grandchild, brother-or sister-in-law, son- or daughter-in-law, mother- or father-in-law, stepfather, stepmother, stepbrother, stepsister, stepson, stepdaughter.

Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Saying your wife is your sister may get you somewhere in the Ozarks, but not Canada

George

George,

LOL! That was a good one.

I would highly recomend against attempting to skirt Alaskan game laws. You may get away with it, then again you may find your butt in jail, and massive fines. My wife worked one summer for the DA's office and she said the hunting violations were prosecuted more severely then drug dealers.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<rwj>
posted
Ladies and gentlemen: I wasn't going to say anything at first BUT: It is best to seriously heed what Paul just said. Game violations make the news up here...often enough! Ranging from outlaw guides to people-who-have-not-read-the-regs shooting moose in the park next to Anchorage (in front of a birdwatching club!). Enough said. Listen to Paul.

<ovis>
posted
Alaska Fish & Game Officers are a hard working bunch of folks and take their jobs very seriously. Prosecution of game violators is serious business up here.

<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Hey GeorgeS,

I resemble that remark!

------------------
Jesus is the reason for the season.

posted Hide Post
Oh, Sarge! You know I didn't mean you; just your neighborhood!

I hunted near Licking in 1993 (the year of the floods). It's fine hunting land, but some of the people down there made me kind of nervous to sleep with the lights off

George

------------------
Shoot straight, shoot often, but by all means, use enough gun!

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote