Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Cystic Fibrosis
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Members of AR,

If you would endulge me, I would appreciate it if you just take a bit of time and take one more look at this if you haven't already. Fred sent me this photo of his children. Joshua is the one in the middle, the centerpiece in that adorable set of triplets. He is 11 months old and recently diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis.

In the past 6 months, we had a raffle on this site to help Duane Wiebe fund some surgery that was very necessary. The winner of that rafle was a fine young man who I had the pleasure of meeting at the ACCG show this year. A lot of the people I know pitched in to help because of Duane himself. There was also the added bonus of taking home a fine rifle that was built by Duane. I know for a fact that Duane did not want charity, he was wanting to sell the rifle and this was a way of obtaining the funds and giving people a chance to win something in the process. The money was raised quickly.

This is not a raffle, it is a pure donation to a worthwhile cause. There is no prize to be won or a rifle to be carried home in your arms at the end of Fred's Family march on the 30th of this month. What you will be doing by donating is helping an organizatiion to find a cure for this disease. You will get a prize out of this, you will not carry it in your hands, you will carry it in your heart. Please consider this and give what you can.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh now that's not fair showing a picture of the kids. They're beautiful, each one of them. Now I have to donate. I would have anyway. I was blessed with three healthy, relatively happy, well adjusted kids. I can only imagine the extra effort that parents put in raising a child with special needs. Good luck on the fund raising!!!
Gary T.

Posts: 112 | Location: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: 23 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Fred,

Thank you for bringing this opportunity to help to our attention. I just hit the link provided and want everyone to know that it takes about 1 minute to make an online donation. It's just about the easiest process you could imagine.

On a personal note, Fred, I hope and pray for the best for you and your family. Any of us with healthy kids should realize that only by the grace of God are we not in your shoes. I hope your son will enjoy a long meaningful life and you'll be able to share with him the joys of the outdoors but more importantly share with him the joyful love of a close family.

Keep us posted,
Forrest

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fred, I'm so sorry to hear of your plight. Life can be a cross to bear at times. I wish all of your kids get to grow up and enjoy the great outdoors together with their parents!
- mike
P.S. Naturally we all try to help a little bit

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all so much who have contributed. The run starts next weekend so I just wanted to say thanks.

Fred

Posts: 182 | Location: Okotoks, Alberta | Registered: 23 September 2001Reply With Quote